Thursday, January 26, 2012

Farm Photo Cards


Hi Blogging Beauties,

I have something a bit different for you today...some photo cards.  

I made these top two for my Dad's birthday and the bottom one for my Grandad's birthday.
Sometimes I just have no idea what to make them for cards...you know...when you are totally lacking inspiration and you need a card in a hurry!!  These photo cards are very quick and easy.  Just print a photo off and paste it on and add a sentiment and you are done!

Apologies for the glare in the second card...I couldnt seem to avoid it.

These photos I took of my Mum and Dad's farm.  The first one is the sheep passing the dam.  The second one is two paddocks.  The nearest paddock has sheep and the greener paddock in the distance has round bales of oats in it.  The photo below is of a dead tree (maybe a bit depressing, but the colours in the sky are quite pretty...it does look a bit better in real life...the truth is it was a left over photo that didnt fit in my project life album and was hanging around on my desk so it quickly got put onto a card.)  Maybe I should have a warning sign on my craft desk...dont hang around here too long or you might find yourself on a card!



The recipients actually really loved them, and everyone enjoyed passing the card around for a look.

Well, it is Australia Day here today.  So a Public Holiday.  And Country Music in Tamworth.  We went in to watch my brother perform his poetry this morning.  Then later tonight we are going to a Maton Guitar concert.  Ben gets the day off work!

Hope you have a happy day, wherever in the world you may live.

Alicia xx

7 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Great cards, Alicia - I know what you mean when it comes to masculine cards. I think my favourite is the tree one :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Cindy said...

Oh, Alicia...these are just beautiful!! I love scenery pics!! It is always hard what to make for masculine cards! These are perfect.Plus they are so personalized since it is your Mum and Dad's farm!! They will all love them!!! Happy Australia day!!!

Sandra H said...

Hi Alicia, Your creations are amazing :) Sandra H

Carol Dee said...

I love photo cards. Another passion of mine is tryig to take the perfect photo to be used on cards. Everything from Apples (A) to Zinnias (Z) :)
Happy Australia Day, have fun.
(Wish I was there.)

Mary J said...

Happy Australia Day honey! And what fab cards - they must have been very special to them!

Merry said...

Great cards and a wonderful idea to give something that they recognise.

Annette said...

Alicia you have some lovely creations here, and I love your clean blog. Thanks so much for your email, I've really enjoyed having a little tour. Love the pics of your animals, we also have some chickens, ours are ex-battery chickens so they're in their retirement with us, but they still lay quite a bit. :0) Good luck with the baby!! Not long to go now, huh?

Annette xx
Netty's Cards