Saturday, September 26, 2015

Kaisercraft 10 DIY Christmas Card - Part Two

For Kaisercraft by Alicia McNamara

Hello!
I'm back today with Part Two of my 10 DIY Christmas Card Ideas.
Today its Christmas Cards in untraditional and pastel colours using the very beautiful Silver Bells collection.

For Kaisercraft by Alicia McNamara

Design 5 - "Merry and Bright" Card
This card is a three-fold card.  I haven't made one of these before, and I don't think I followed the instructions exactly...but, I still love how it turned out.  I started with a piece of card measuring 27 cm x 15cm.  I scored and folded at 4, 10 and 16cm.  Then I folded it in a concertina fold.  I decorated each of the folded card faces and embellished with stickers and collectables.  There are some beautiful borders included in the SS293 Sticker Sheet for Silver Bells.  I love scalloped borders.  I especially love that pink lacy scallop : )

SS293_SilverBells_Stickersheet

To keep the card closed I tied a pink organza ribbon around it.  (You can see the ribbon in the picture.  I just slid it off to open and photograph the card.) This card is something a little different and fun.  I like to let the papers do all the work for me in fancy-folding cards.  I think its a great way to showcase pretty papers.  I trimmed a snowflake in half to embellish the front with a small collectable snowflake and a pearl.

Kaisercraft Products Used:
CD101 12x12 Weave - Coconut | PP979 Paper Pad | SS293 Sticker Sheet | CT 837 Collectables |DD318 Card Creations Snowflake Card Flip Die BRB606 Organza Coloured Ribbon - Pink | SB794 Pearls - Snow | EM405 Doily

For Kaisercraft by Alicia McNamara

Design 6 - Gift Wrapping
I will be certainly using the gorgeous new EM 425 Silver Bells Gift tags when I wrap my presents this year!
EM425
They are so lovely...perfect for using on a card or project, but also perfect for adding to a wrapped present.  I altered this little box to look like a present...a cute little Christmas decoration that could sit on the mantle piece or under the tree.  I simply covered the box with paper, tied some organza ribbon, added a tag, a snowflake and lastly a mini paper bloom.  Super quick and easy!

Kaisercraft Products Used:
P1928 Believe | P1933 Good Wishes | Em 425 Tags | BRB605 Organza Ribbon Neutrals |DD318 Card Creations Snowflake Card Flip Die |

For Kaisercraft by Alicia McNamara

Design 7 - "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" - Blue Card
This card is a fun and creative card to make that involves paint, glitter and embossing.  I managed to get lots of crafty mess everywhere when I made this one!!  I started with a blank piece of white card and used T625 Geo Tile Template to create the background.  I painted mine with silver paint and then added glitter to the wet paint.  Once the paint was dry I cut a rectangle measuring 8cm x 12.5 cm for the front of the card.

NEW_2_FourQuarters

For the card base I used white card stock and added the beautiful P1929 Wonderland paper to cover the base card.  I adore this paper, I love the light blue colour and the silver snowflakes.  I used 3D mounting dots to layer the stencilled silver and white background on top of the base card.  Then I silver embossed baubles from the stamp sets onto blue paper from the 6 1/2 inch Paper Pad.  I cut these out and added them to the front of the card with mounting tape.  I tied silver organza ribbon bows and attached these with a hot glue gun.  Then I popped little blue pearls on top (use the hot glue gun again for this because nothing else seems to stick very securely to the organza ribbon).

For Kaisercraft by Alicia McNamara

It turned out to be a very pretty and sparkly card in the light.  The photo above captures some of the sparkle.

Kaisercraft Products Used:
CS237 | CD101 12x12 Weave - Coconut | P1929 Wonderland | T625 Geo Tile |BRB605 Organza Ribbon Neutrals | SB718 Pearls - Bliss | KC051 Kaisercolour - Silver | T302 Mounting Foam |
Other products used: Heat gun, silver embossing powder, glitter, glue gun.

For Kaisercraft by Alicia McNamara

Design 8 - "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" - Pink Card

This card is the same design as the one above but I used a different template for the background (T624 - Festive Quarters) and black ink instead of silver embossing.  I think the black ink gives the card some  extra definition, but it would be pretty with silver embossing too.  I love the way embossing looks, but I am not a fan of the mess it makes lol! I manage to get that powdery stuff everywhere!!  The CS237 Clear Stamp Set is a beautiful addition to your Christmas Craft stash.  Its very versatile with baubles, snowflakes and Christmas sentiments.  I can't decide which is my favourite stamp in this set.  I have certainly loved stamping the baubles onto coloured paper and trimming around them.  I can imagine a glittery stamped snowflake background, instead of using a template, would look very pretty too.

ShabbyChicChristmas_Stamps

For Kaisercraft by Alicia McNamara

Kaisercraft Products Used
CS237 | CD101 12x12 Weave - Coconut | P19297 Baubles | T622 Festive Quarters|BRB606 Organza Ribbon Pink | SB794 Pearls - Snow | KC051 Kaisercolour - Silver | T302 Mounting Foam | CD102 12x12 Weave - Licorice |
Other products used: Glitter, glue gun.

For Kaisercraft by Alicia McNamara

Design 9 - "Merry Christmas to You" Card

This one you might have seen earlier this month on my blog and the Kaisercraft blog (see the post here).
This card was made to showcase the stamp set and the paper pad and it is all about the layers!  I concentrated on making lots of layers with the papers from the pad and embellished with some snow flake dies, an organza ribbon and some pearls.  I decided to heat emboss the sentiment in silver again.   I felt this card really called for the special treatment.  I love the pink paper with the silver foil snowflakes - it is divine!  I distressed some of the edges to add a little shabby chic feel to the card as well and inked them with the gorgeous Kaisercraft pink ink.

PP979

Kaisercraft Products Used:
CS237 Clear Stamps|PP979 Paper Pad | T302 mounting foam | DD318 Card Creation Snowflake Card Flip | BRB606 Organza Colours | IP 725 Petal Pink | SB786 Rose
Other: Silver Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Corner Punch

For Kaisercraft by Alicia McNamara

Design 10 - Bulk Set of 12 Cards

Last design for Christmas now!! Are you still with me? If you would prefer to make a set of cards using the Silver Bells collection, you could use my bulk card recipe.  Or modify it to suit your own design.
I began with white card stock for the base card.  I chose random papers for the background of each card (I used leftovers from the 12x12 papers but you could easily use the 6 1/2 Paper pad instead, the designs are just a bit smaller.)  The colour scheme in these cards can be chosen to suit your preferences.  I made a variety of colours to give some different examples.  Attach a doily to the background of each card.  Then find the 2 pages from the 6 1/2 Paper Pad that are full of little Christmas pictures.  Cut them out individually and layer them onto a tag and then again onto the doily.  Add a Christmas sentiment sticker and embellish with a snowflake and a mini paper bloom.
Super easy!  Create these in a range of colours or stick to a pink or blue pastel theme.

For Kaisercraft by Alicia McNamara

Kaisercraft Products Used:
CD101 12x12 Weave - Coconut | PK517 12x12 Paper Pad | EM405 Doily | EM425 Tag pack | PP979 6 1/2 inch Paper Pad | ST920 Merry Christmas |DD318 Card Creation Snowflake Card Flip | F658 Mini Paper Blooms - Dusty Pink | F656 Mini Paper Blooms - Fushia | Mini Paper Blooms - Sea Breeze |

For Kaisercraft by Alicia McNamara

If you missed Part One of this Post go here to read all about it.  Come back tomorrow for the third part of my September Creations for Kaisercraft - all about my Family Heritage Album I am making for my Mum.

Thanks for stopping by, have a great day : )
Twitter Facebook Youtube Pinterest Instagram Google+ Bloglovin' Image Map

No comments: