Monday, August 29, 2016

A Sneak Peek into My Craft Room


Alicia's Craft Room

Over on the Kaisercraft Blog today some of the Design Team are sharing their crafting spaces.  I have shared my crafting space recently (well maybe a few months ago now) when we had just moved to the current house we are living at.  So these photos aren't new to my blog.   I'm actually a believer that you can make awesome crafty projects without having an amazing craft room, however, I also believe it is easier to craft if you don't have to search for crafty materials while you are crafting and you are more likely to craft if you don't have to pack everything away.  My craft room is really a work in progress and Nicky and I share the space.  He plays lego on two tables and all over the floor and I craft at my desk.  It works well for us.  We love our time in the craft room together.  I try and spend a little bit of time in their everyday to stay on top of my DT commitments.  Keeping the room clean is a total challenge : )


Storage Shelf

The first photo above is a picture of my Storage Shelf.  At the top of this little unit that sits on my desk I am storing my Kaisercolour Colouring Books and Gel Pens.  On the first shelf I have little jars filled with Kaisercraft Wood Flourishes.  On the second shelf some larger jars filled with Kaisercraft Paper Blooms.  The next two rows I have my Kaisermists and Kaisercraft glues.  At the bottom is a reel for some coloured twine.

Alicia's Craft Room


Ribbon Rack

Next to this unit on my desk I have a ribbon rack.  At the very top I keep all of my Kaisercraft Pearls, Rhinestones and Epoxy Stickers all neatly stacked into a plastic container.  On the top reel I have my Kaisercraft Glitter Tapes, Printed Tapes and Natural Twine.  On the subsequent rows I have my Kaisercraft Organza Ribbons.


Large Desk Organisers


Alicia's Craft Room

Because I am such a messy crafter I was really needing some sort of storage option for Kaisercraft's two collections each month.  Piles of papers, stamps and collectables piling up on my desk was not leaving a lot of space for crafting and piles on the floor was not leaving a lot of space for walking lol!  I was chatting to Trudy at my local Kaisercraft store in Robina and she suggested the Beyond the Page - Large Desk Organiser.  This has turned out to be the perfect storage solution for me and my two Kaisercraft collections for each month.   I purchased two Large Desk Organisers, one for each collection.  In the photo above they are filled with products from the April collections; Cottage Rose and Sea Breeze.  The back shelf is perfect for all the 12x12 papers and stickers.  The little shelves in the middle can hold the Paper Pads, Stamp Sets and matching Embossing Folders.  The three little drawers and one large drawer are perfect for holding collectables and off-cuts.  Every month I pack the old collections away and set up the new collections in the Large Desk Organisers.  Then I have everything ready to go and at my fingertips.


Die Storage


Alicia's Craft Room

The Kaisercraft Multipurpose Box is the perfect size for storing my dies.  I attach them to the magnets provided in the Kaisercraft packaging.  This allows me to easily flip through them to find the die I am looking for.  I use the dividers that came with the box to separate the dies into the Kaisercraft categories; Decorative Dies, Decorative Die Words, Card Creation Dies and Dies with matching Stamps.

I hope you have enjoyed a few peeks into my craft room (again) : )

Twitter Facebook Youtube Pinterest Instagram Google+ Bloglovin' Image Map

No comments: