Friday, June 23, 2017

How to Create a Multi-Layered Card

Kaisercraft Keepsake Card with Video Tutorial by Alicia McNamara

Hello Crafty Friends,

When I saw the new and beautiful Keepsake Collection I thought it would be perfect for making a heavily embellished card.  I decided to film a Process Video to match because I often get questions about how to begin a card that has lots of layers and embellishments, what colours and papers can be chosen to put together and what elements can be used.  Today I will show you exactly how I made this one from start to finish.


To make the card I began with some folded craft card stock measuring 23 x 17cm.  I cut some Photomontage (16.5 x 11cm) to fit the front of the card and a strip of Photomontage (reverse) measuring 5.5 x 16.5 cm.  I inked everything with Bark ink.  I layered the strip onto the card with mounting tape for extra dimension and this was the base of my card.  I chose the Photomontage Paper because I liked the shade of green and I liked the small white floral clusters.

Kaisercraft Keepsake Card with Video Tutorial by Alicia McNamara

I stamped onto the Photo Frames Acetate 12x12 sheet for the sentiment of my card, because I love the novelty of this Acetate sheet and I wanted to play with it again.  I used Stazon Ink to stamp onto the Acetate and it dried clearly without smudging.   I backed this sentiment with Captured paper, I chose this because I felt it was a slightly different colour to the other papers on the card, but still coordinated.  The thing with the Kaisercraft collections is that the colours are so well chosen you really can't go wrong with your paper choice.  Everything matches really nicely so you can be confident with your paper choice.  I added sticker strips for extra details and chose a lovely flower cluster sticker for my main embellishment.  I wanted something large and floral.  This sticker was perfect.

Kaisercraft Keepsake Card with Video Tutorial by Alicia McNamara



I used my one of my most favourite Kaisercraft Decorative Dies ever DD757 Large Flourishes .  If you haven't purchased this Decorative Die yet you need to! It goes so well with Paper Blooms and most Kaisercraft Paper Collections.  I find it adds a little dimension and another layer to a Multi-Layered card.  I actually like to cut this die in half and pop it under some Paper Blooms.  The colour of the flowers I chose was Dusty Pink, another favourite of mine.  They co-ordinate nicely with lots of the Kaisercraft Paper Collections as well, so a very good colour to have in your craft supplies.



I chose some lovely Collectables to add to my card (leaves and butterflies are always good!) and layered everything together.  You see how I repositioned all the elements on the card until I was happy with it in the Process Video.

Kaisercraft Keepsake Card with Video Tutorial by Alicia McNamara

I love adding the little wooden shapes from the Kaisercraft Flourish Packs.  For this card I chose two photo frame corners from the Snapshot Pack.  Thes add another dimension to the card that is different from paper.  You can ink or colour these wooden flourishes, but for this card I chose to leave them in their original state.



Finally I embellished with some Chocolate Pearls.  This finishes the card off and again gives another texture to the card.  They can be added in groups of three or two, or whatever grouping you prefer.

Kaisercraft Keepsake Card with Video Tutorial by Alicia McNamara

Kaisercraft Products:
P2325 Captured | P2330 Montage | PS493 Photo Frames Acetate | SS340 Sticker Sheet | CS302 Clear Stamps | CT883 Collectables | FL602 Flourish Pack - Snapshot | DD757 Decorative Die - Large Flourishes | F641 Paper Blooms - Dusty Pink | CD651 Kraft Card Stock | SB792Pearls - Chocolate | Other: Cheese Cloth

Kaisercraft Keepsake Card with Video Tutorial by Alicia McNamara

I had a lovely time designing this card using the beautiful Keepsake Collection.  I'm sure you will love this collection too.  I hope you have found a little inspiration from my video.  If you have any more questions feel free to leave me a comment and I can reply. Have a crafty weekend : )




Maybe you might like to subscribe to my mailing list? I'd love to have you as part of my inner crafty circle : )

* indicates required

Twitter Facebook Youtube Pinterest Instagram Google+ Bloglovin' Image Map

No comments: