Friday, November 24, 2017

Memory Keeping Questions - Island Life Layout

Kaiser Craft Memory Keeping Questions Layout by Alicia McNamara

Hello Crafty Friends,

The job over at the Kaisercraft Blog was all about Memory Keeping Questions this week.

Are you a Memory Keeper?  Do you Scrapbook to record precious moments in life?  

For me, Scrapbooking is mainly about Creative Expression.  I scrapbook for fun basically...I have to be honest the recording of everything overwhelms me.  I have done Project Life in the last six years or so...up until this year...I just never started.  So I do not claim to master the Memory Keeping thing of all the moments of every week for the whole year.  I love the idea of it, I just havent succeeded every year.  This year I think I will just make a photo book of memories with no words...just to get those pictures in a book for the boys to look through.

The side of Scrapbooking that I really love is just scrapping random pictures in a random order and just playing with pretty Kaisercraft papers and products.  I dont stress about what photos I am using or what moments I am documenting.  I just enjoy the creative process.

So when Kylie, Social Media and Promotions Coordinator at Kaisercraft, set some Memory Keeping Questions for the Blog Post they really got me thinking...
Where were you 10 Years Ago?
A quote to live by?
What was the last thing you celebrated?
What is the most important thing in your life?
What is something you are proud of?
What are you thankful/grateful for?

The Design Team was asked to choose one question and use it as inspiration for their layouts.

Funnily enough every single Design Team member chose the same question: "What are you grateful for?"...that question obviously spoke to everyone.  

Kaiser Craft Memory Keeping Questions Layout by Alicia McNamara

I loved creating this layout.  I wanted to use some journalling which I rarely do on my layouts and because of this I changed the whole way I approached the layout.  It was really refreshing for me to try something different.

Kaiser Craft Memory Keeping Questions Layout by Alicia McNamara

I love this little photo of our boys I took at Hamilton Island this year.  It was a special moment for me.  Getting to Hamilton Island was a real dream come true.  I just loved it.  I am grateful for these two gorgeous boys every single day.  And I loved how Scrapbooking this moment made me remember that.  Which got me thinking about memory keeping and how I approach it....

One day I'll come up with some sort of solution for that...but for now, maybe, while life is busy, I'll just concentrate on enjoying the moments. xxx

Kaisercraft Products: CD101 12x12 Weave Card Stock - Coconut | P2418 Swell | P2423 Sunseeker | FL612 Flourish Pack - Summertime | SS350 Sticker Sheet | IP727 Ink Pad - Lagoon | SB704 Rhinestones - Dark Blue | Other: Sparklets | Stars | Blue Misting Spray |


Twitter Facebook Youtube Pinterest Instagram Google+ Bloglovin' Image Map

No comments: