Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Fairy Tale Magnolia Card


Hi Blogging Buddies,
I have another Magnolia card to share tonight. I made it to enter the Stamp Something - Fairy Tale Something Challenge...and guess what the prize is: a $25 voucher at Magnolialicious! Yum, yum, yum....they have so much to choose from! Whoever is the winner will enjoy shopping with their voucher! I couldn't resist this challenge. I had to play along!



I inked up a new stamp for this card ~ the brick arched window. I was lucky enough to win this stamp and I have seen it on other cards and thought it looks fantastic. But when I got it in the flesh I was a bit scared how to colour it. But it turned out to be not that big a deal and my beautiful little Tilda looks just like Rupunzel, or maybe Juliet sitting inside it. I added some gold gel pen after and smudged some of it with my finger to blend it in with the copics on her hair and the wooden window sill.
The papers I used are from the DCWV Once Upon a Time Stack and these inspired me to go with rich, dark colour tones. I cut the paper to make a frame around the image and layered with Chocolate Chip onto Gold card. The sentiment arrived today in the mail (I got a lovely package of SU goodies!) and is from the SU Once Upon a Time Set. I inked that up in Vintage Photo and stamped onto the gold card.
I distressed and inked the edges and added a little gold charm.
I used some lovely lace, a gold ribbon (recycled from a Body Shop gift) and some velvet creme ribbon on top. I added a chocolate chip ribbon bow.
The three gorgeous roses were from my blog candy from the lovely Stephanne. I thought the colours suited this card beautifully.
I would also like to enter the Wild Orchid Craft Challenge - One for the Girls
and
The Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - What are little girls made of?
and
Craft Your Days Away - Favourite Things
My favourite thing is reading stories and happy endings!

Also, I thought I'd put some pictures on my blog of my new Lavender Garden that I planted yesterday...It is a garden next to the side of our garage.
We still have to do the edge and that will be done with the bricks (same as the wall). This garden is joning another garden around the corner and that has bricks as an edge, so we are just continuing on with the theme.
Poor little things didnt get any water today as I was very busy! Took my Grandad to the doctor and then helped him do his groceries, visited a new school and took Ellie for a walk. I will give them a good water in the morning. While I was helping my Grandad at the groceries I found a Scrapbooking/Cardmaking shop I didnt know existed. Very exciting! I didn't buy anything, but I will be back I am sure. I saw some gorgeous Vintage papers....and a whole lot of other lovely things and they have classes and workshops. I will check out their blog tonight...
Thanks for visiting me today...I hope you had a great day!

Post a Comment