Thursday, August 26, 2010

Paper Play DT Card - Sketch with the Extra of New Stash

 Hi Blogging Buddies...it is Thursday again!!
And what a cold, miserable Thursday it is here! 
Lucky I have this bright, spring card to cheer me up : )
Of course Thursday is Paper Play Challenge Day and this week we are following a sketch with the added extra of using some new stash.  (We all know using new stash makes making a crd that little bit more fun!)  Here is the sketch designed by Sandie:

This week we are being sponsored by Wink Wink Ink.  The Design Team was lucky enough to pick a digi image to colour.  The image I chose is called Blossom Baby and you can find her here.  I originally thought I would make a baby card...but when I got crafting I got sidetracked and went for these purple and green colours instead. 
I coloured with Copics and added some stickles to the petals. 
(Annette I bet you will love this card since I have used your favourite colour - purple.)

My new stash is the purple hydrangea flowers and the purple gingham ribbon I won in Stephanne's blog candy.  The white cherry blossoms are not new, I bought them awhile ago from Wild Orchid Crafts.
 Here is a close up of the flowers.
I would like to enter the following challenges:
A Pocket Full of Posies - Winged Things
Wild Orchid Challenge - Make it Sparkle
Bee Crafty - Ribbons and Bows

I have been on the casual teaching circuit and have been teaching at different schools.  The one thing I am noticing that really impacts on my day is the people at these schools.  The children and the staff.  Friendly welcoming staff really make a school.  It is so nice to work in a school where people talk to you and help you.  Also, of course, the children make a huge difference to my day.  I am finding the children are much easier to be around in schools where the staff really care about their well-being and put effort into the procedures for how the children move around the school and the expectations for behaviour.  So I guess, a friendly, welcoming and caring staff equals better behaved and nicer children which in turn makes for a happy and pleasant day for all involved. 

I'll hop off my soap box now, and hope to see you entering Paper Play this week. 
Thanks for visiting.

Post a Comment