Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Mad for Markers - Anything but a Card


Hi Blogging Buddies,

I have an off-the-page project to share tonight...I know, very un-like me...I dont know the last time I did an off-the-page project and posted it on my blog, but here it is and its a Christmas Box. Now I dont know what you could use it for...Ben asked me what I was going to do with it and I said..."probably give it away to someone"...maybe it could store precious Christmas decorations...I don't know...do you have any suggestions?



The Mad for Markers monthly challenge is to make anything but a card and to use Copics and so that is what I did. I started with a Kaiser box and painted it with gold paint inside and out, several layers and then a coat of glitter paint to make it really sparkly. The sides of the box I covered with a very wide Christmas ribbon and then added two gold ribbons over the top. For the top I used some DCWV paper from the Mariposa Stack and added a border from a SU Christmas Scrapbooking kit. Then I added some Christmas Poinsettia flowers from The Craft Garden, gold leaves and more gold ribbon. Finally I added one of my new Christmas Tildas and coloured her with Copics.

Copics used:

Skin - E11, E21, E00, R20

Hair and clothes - C-1, C-3, Y28, E35, YR23, Y17, Y11, Sand Spica Pen

White gel pen and Kindy Glitz



I thought I might enter a few competitions...

Crafts and Me - Make a Christmas Gift
Totally Paper Crafts - Bling it On
Allsorts - Gold and Cream with a hint of Red
Miami Doodles - Anything but a card
A Pocket Full of Posies - Winter Bouquet
Creative Stamp Friends - My favourite stamps (magnolias)
OSAAT - Christmas
Wild Orchid Challenge - Classic Christmas

This week is pretty busy really...just worked two days on a 3/4 class and tomorrow I have an appointment day...so no going to work yay! Also its my Nan's b'day tomorrow so we are going to get takeaway and go to her house for dinner. Then I go to Grade 5 Thurs and then Kinder Friday. I hope you are having a great week! Thanks for popping over to my blog.
Post a Comment