Sunday, February 14, 2010

Thank you card...



My Uncle Kevin is a bee keeper and gives us big jars of the most delicious honey straight from his bees. To say "thank you" for the honey we usually buy him some scratchies. Tonight I made this card to go with the scratchies. I followed the sketch from 2 Sketches For You. I am also entering this card in Stamp Something Challenges ~ Something Cute. I used my cricut cartridge "New Arrival" to cut out the words and the flower. I focused on yellows and browns (the colours of bees). I used some gingham ribbon and threaded it through some lace. I coloured with an ink pad and an aqua painter.


Carol (one of my dear blogging buddies) asked me how my new school is going...well, the answer is very challenging! Lots of things about the school are very different to what I am used to and it is taking me a little while to adjust. Of course I miss all my old colleagues and students...and I am getting used to the set-up of a small school. Positives are: small class numbers (I had ten on Friday), air conditioning, friendly teachers. Negatives are: a high concentration of learning difficulties and behaviour problems. I guess being "new" is always challenging...I am doing my best, and I hope it gets easier!


I did promise to show you a bit more of our new place and here is a photo I took one morning when I got up of a deer staring right at me through the window. He was such a handsome buck I had to take a photo. It was like he had a message for me. After I took the photo he walked back down the paddock.
I hope you had a lovely weekend. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments...it is so nice to have friendly blogging buddies.




5 comments:

Cheryl said...

This is beautiful,love the sweet image and beautiful lace!!! I am sure your Uncle loved it!! BTW love your photo,it looks so peaceful there!!
xx

LINDA said...

Such an adorable card.. Love the photo too..
Hugs, Linda

Carol Dee said...

YUMMY, I love a good local honey. Fresh from the hive. *Good Uncle* :o)
I wil say it again, I am so envious of your view! I think he just stopped by to say *Welcome to the neighborhood!*
Gee, I was hoping you would be LOVING the new school already. It will get easier each day as you all adjust to each other. Changes can be rough at 1st.
Hugs...

Steph said...

Such a cute card and I love the honey-esque colours you've used. Mmmm, making me hungry!!

chris said...

Hi there this is so lovely.
I can see what you have done with the honey colours great idea.
what a view you have in that photograph.
hugs chrisxx