Sunday, September 27, 2015

Kaisercraft DIY Family Tree Scrapbook Album

Generations

Hello!
This is Part Three of my September Creations for Kaisercraft.
See Part one here.
See Part Two here.

Lets imagine you have all your Christmas cards sorted...what will you craft next? Why not dig up some Family Heritage photos and start your own Album with the Generations Collection?  I am in the process of making a Heritage Album for my Mum.  I guess the thing to remember about these albums is that they don't have to be rushed and completed in a small time frame.  (This is me telling myself this lol!) They can be a work in progress.  It has taken me a considerable amount of time to collect photos for this album.  I also signed up for a free trial on Ancestory.com.au and spent two weeks learning as much as I could about my Family Tree.  You might be like me and find there is much to discover about your family that you really had no idea about.  I was surprised how much I could find out about and how far back the records do go without too much searching.  Finding photographs has proven to be a little more difficult than I first anticipated and you can see in my Family Tree I am missing some of my Mum's great-great grandparents.  I was amazed at how excited my family members were that I was collecting stories and photos...people really do value the preserving of memories.  I was also surprised at how little most people in my family knew about our ancestors.

For me, I guess the most important page from this collection is the "Our Family" Family Tree Page.  Once I completed that page (minus a few photos) I felt I had really made some progress.  Then I worked on a few additional layouts to add into the album with appropriate headings like the "Mother", "Father" and "Family"pages (Check the Kaisercraft blog this weekend to see my Family Page).  There really are some gorgeous papers in this collection and so well-suited to older photographs.

Layout #1 - "Our Family" Double Layout
For Kaisercraft by Alicia McNamara

I used the Family Tree pages from the PP227 12x12 Paper Pad to create a Family Tree Layout.

For Kaisercraft by Alicia McNamara

The first page has three photo spaces  I used a picture of my Mum, because that is who I am doing this Family Tree Album for.  Then the tree branches off to spaces for the central person's Mother and Father photographs.  I printed out names and dates for each person onto paper from the pad, cut them into a banner shape and layered them onto the lovely brown paper from the pad.

For Kaisercraft by Alicia McNamara

I inked a SB725 Wood Flourishes - Curls in Bark ink and stamped a flower onto some of the blue paper from the pad.

For Kaisercraft by Alicia McNamara

I just wanted subtle little decorations around the page so I used the Botanicals CS225 Clear Stamp - Fly Free to add a few dainty flowers and butterflies around the page in Bark ink.

For Kaisercraft by Alicia McNamara

The second page of the Layout goes into more details of the Family Tree.  The first horizontal strip is the Grand-parents.  The second horizontal strip is the Great-Grandparents.  I have names and dates of these Great-Grandparents, but am still waiting to hopefully find their photos.  The photo spaces get smaller in size as you progress along the tree.

For Kaisercraft by Alicia McNamara

Again I printed names and dates and made banners to identify the people in the photos.

For Kaisercraft by Alicia McNamara
I added lace and a little more stamping.  Embellishing simply with Chocolate pearls.

Kaisercraft Products used:
PP227 12x12 Paper Pad | CT839 Collectables | IP724 Bark Ink | SB792 Pearls - Chocolate | EM927 Lace Pack - Cream | DD404 Decorative Die - Doilies | SB725 Wood Flourishes - Curls | CS225 Clear Stamp - Fly Free
 Other: Cream Lace, Sizzix Die Stampin' Up Top Note

For Kaisercraft by Alicia McNamara

Layout 2 - "Father"
This Layout is one of my specialty pages for the Album.  I used the Geo Tile Template and some Antique Gold Kaisermist to add a pattern to the background paper.  I rounded corners in this Layout and inked everything with Bark ink.

For Kaisercraft by Alicia McNamara

I sprayed die cut swirls with Antique Gold Kaisermist to create a vintage look.

For Kaisercraft by Alicia McNamara

Kaisercraft Products Used:
PP227 12x12 Paper Pad | CT839 Collectables  | DD543 Fairy Flowers | DD725 Butterflies C6 | T625 Geo Tile | EF223 Tiny Dot | IP724 Bark Ink | KM102 Antique Gold | SB715 Pearls - Latte |
Other: Sizzix Die Corners Fourish #2, Sizzix Die Stampin' Up Top Note

For Kaisercraft by Alicia McNamara

Layout #3 - "Mother"

Another specialty page for the Album.  This will sit opposite the "Father" Page.  All these layouts have been made with flat embellishments to enable them to sit flat in the album.  For the background in this Layout I sprayed the Antique Gold Kaisermist through the Butterfly C6 Die.  Then I taped the edges with Washi tape.  My Grandma actually had a dressmaking model to fit her body so she could fit dresses as she was sewing them, so I thought this collectable of the dressmaking model was a nice addition to the layout.

For Kaisercraft by Alicia McNamara

I love this new flower die from Kaisercraft: DD543 Fairy Flowers.  I think it comes out next month so keep an eye out for it.  I cut two of the die in different papers and layered them together.

For Kaisercraft by Alicia McNamara

Kaisercraft Products Used:

PP227 12x12 Paper Pad | CT839 Collectables  | DD543 Fairy Flowers | DD725 Butterflies C6 | IP724 Bark Ink | KM102 Antique Gold | SB794 Pearls - Snow | PT222 Lace |
Other: Sizzix Die Corners Fourish #2, Sizzix Die Stampin' Up Top Note

I hope to continue my work on this Album throughout the rest of the year so keep an eye out for some more Heritage Photo Layouts from me over the next few months.
Have you enjoyed my creations this month?  If you do use any of these ideas let me know! I would love to see your work.

Happy Crafting,
Twitter Facebook Youtube Pinterest Instagram Google+ Bloglovin' Image Map

No comments: