Monday, January 4, 2010

Best Wishes for 2010 and my first card for the New Year



Happy 2010 to everyone reading...I would like to wish you happiness and good fortune for the new year. 2010 will be a big change for me as we pack up and move to the country. I have left my job here on the Gold Coast and am going to work part-time for six months in a country primary school with about 50 kids in the whole school! A big change from my last school of about 1000. We have begun the packing and organising today and leave next Wednesday the 13th of January.

I must admit I have really lacked motivation to get back into my crafting since Christmas. I am not sure if I just needed a break, whether I made so much leading up to Christmas, or the fact that I havent bought any new items that could entice me back into it...Anyway this is a birthday card for my Father-in-law. It is late for his birthday, as it was New Year's Day, but I had to focus and get it made asap. He is a very keen fisherman and so I purchased this image from Mo's Digital Pencil Shop especially for this card. This is my first Mo image and I am amazed at how detailed they are. I used all SU card stock and DP. Main colours are Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Bashful Blue and Bordering Blue. I am entering the following challenges:

My Time to Craft - Anything Goes

Charisma Cardz Challenges - Celebrations

Stamp Something - New Somethings (Digi Image)

Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog - Family

Allsorts Challenge - Sketch and New or Old

I hope this kick-starts me back into the crafting for the next week or so, before I have to pack up my whole craft room and move it interstate. Hopefully I will have some more interesting posts for you to read soon...Until then, take care and thanks for visiting.

28 comments:

scrapperjulia said...

This is a lovely masculine birthday card! Love the colors! I am sure your FIL will love it and good luck with your new location and new job!

Allison said...

lovely card, great image and colours
Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma
AllisonX

Cheryl said...

What a fabulous card and perfect for your dad!!! Love that image and its coloured beautifully!!
Good luck at your new school and enjoy the change!!
xx

Denimo said...

Alicia, your card is wonderful. Your FIL will just love it, late or not!
Thanks so much for joining us for the Stamp Something challenge.
Hugs, Denimo

LINDA said...

This is just gorgeous.. such a wonderful guy card..I know just what you mean about getting back into the swing of crafting.. I think I got burned out,trying to do so much before Christmas..I still dont feel like my mojo is back..Anyway I love your card and Im sure your FIL will love it too..
Hugs, Linda

Pat said...

Hi Alicia, love the card, great papers. Good Luck with the move, I'm sure you will enjoy your new school. Thanks for joining in the challenge at MTTC this week. Happy New Year.

Pat xx

Carol Dee said...

I am loving this one. Especially since it looks like my Father fising! Great guy card. Wonderful colors, papers, image and layout! Have a wonderful week, hugs...

Davi said...

Really nice man card!! Love the dp and colors you chose and the image is colored so nice!!

Faye said...

Your card is so beautiful. Really, it is so beautiful. I just LOVE it! I'm so glad you got your motivation back if this is what you come up with! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin. xxx

Jules said...

Hi Alicia

I am loving your gorgeous card.

Great colour combination and a wonderfully coloured imamge. I am sure your Father-in-Law will love it too.

Thank you for playing along with Allsorts this week.

Love Jules xx

Victoria said...

wow what a gorgeous card. Great shading and beautiful colours.

Good luck with the move, sounds a brave decision!

Victoria
x

Audrey said...

what a great card! i love that image and the color combo

Vee said...

Fabulous card.Love the colour combo. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week. Good luck with the blog hop. Happy New year!!
xx Vee

Chrissie said...

I just love those gentle tones! Lovely card!
Many thanks for joining in our challenge at MTTC this week!
Happy New Year!
Chrissie

Loz said...

Best of luck with the move Alicia. This card is great for a Dad! Love the colours.

Queen La Rubba said...

This is a wonderful card! The stamp is awesome and the coloring is perfect! I love the colors and the DPs are great! Thank you for joining us at "SweetStampin" for this weeks challenge. Your work is awesome and I hop to see more of your work entered in our challenges in the future!
I am following you along and would love it if you would hop on over, check out my blog and follow along with me as well.
HAPPY NEW YEAR
and
HAPPY CRAFTING
Rach ~ Queen La Rubba

Fran said...

I am loving the colours and DP you have used, this is such a great card for a man! Good luck with the move, I really, really hate moving. I hope everything goes smoothly :)

Alleena Burger said...

Great card and all the best with your big move. It will be nice for you to work it such a small school, I have very fond memories of the small school I used to go to and the teachers we had!!

Leigh said...

Oh wow, I love it Alicia. Fantastic card.

Sally said...

Gorgeous man card. It is a Fabulous card. Thank you for joining us at our Charisma Cardz Birthday Blog Hop Challenge.

Unknown said...

This is a fabulous card, really gorgeous.

Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week

Jan x

Unknown said...

Thanks also for joining us at Charisma

Jan x

Lisa said...

Hi Alicia, Wow this is a fab card! I love the image and papers.

Thanks for joining us at Allsorts.

Lisa x

Sue said...

This is such a calming card and I love the soft tones of the browns n blues. Mo's images are so addictive, love it x

sweetbloominscraps said...

Alicia, What a fabulous birthday card! I love your colors and all your details! Hope you are having a great New Year!

Unknown said...

aww your card is gorgeous love the layout, b/p, your coluring and the image is perefct too!
thank you so mcuh for joining us for a Sweet Stampin Challenge. Good luck in your new school!!
love emma xxx

Jayne Hayward said...

Thanks for joining us on Sweet Stampin challenge. Your card fits in perfectly for this weeks challenge. Your colouring and choice of dp are great.

Jayne xx

Jo said...

Good luck with your new job! that will be quite some change eh? I hope you enjoy your time there :)
This card is amazing! I love the DSP, the layout, the sweet image too, I have a few of Mos images, they are lovely and yes the detail is spot on.
Thank you for joining us this week at Sweet Stampin, and Happy Belated birthday to your FiL

Jo xx