Friday, January 8, 2010

Howdy Partner...


I made this card for my Grandad for his birthday coming up on the 12th of January. He loves Cowboy and Indian movies and books so I used the "Paper Doll Dress Up" Cartridge for the Cricut. I used SU Bordering Blue card for his trousers and scarf, Close to Cocoa for his vest and Chocolate Chip for the boots and hat. The horse and fence was cut out on the cricut, and I traced over the lines with the matching SU marker. The grass was DCWV DP that I cut using zig-zag scissors and layered four times. The sky and checkered shirt are SU DPs from a mini catalogue. I added hemp twine for his lassoo.
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
My Time to Craft - Blue and Brown
ABC Challenge - L is for Layering
Less than a week now until we move house...As you can imagine boxes are everywhere. I have lost count of how many I have packed...but there is still plenty to do. Unfortunately not a lot of motivation to go along with it! I am making progress, though, so that is the main thing. We lose our internet on Monday and then it might be awhile before it is reconnected, so hopefully I will fit in another post before then.
I hope you have a really nice weekend planned, and until next time, take care.

11 comments:

Wilma said...

Yee-haw!!! sure lookin' good to me Alicia - he will love it :) xx

Unknown said...

hi Alicia! aww your grandad is going to love this card, very creative and alot of thought has gone into this one, thankyou so much for joining us for a Sweet Stampin challenge, hope you can join us again next week
love emma xxx

Pat said...

Geat card, love the cowboy, I'm sure your grandad will love it. Thanks for joining in the challenge at MTTC this week.

Pat xx

Faye said...

Wow! Your card is fab. I love the lasso and I know Queenie is going to love it to, she's a real cowgirl! You'vebeen a busy girl this week! xxx

Alleena Burger said...

This is a really fun card. My grandfather's birthday is on the same day!! And he loves Cowboy and Indian movies too. Best of luck with the packing. I gather your craft supplies will be the last thing packed.

Anonymous said...

Hi ya!! hope your Grandad loves his card!
Thanks for joining the ABC challenge Samantha :0)

Carol Dee said...

He is ADORABLE. Grandpa will love this. :) Hugs...

Queen La Rubba said...

This card is really great! I am a cowgirl and love my horsies! This is just so sweet! Love it! You did a FAB job! Thank you for hop'n on over and entering this weeks challenge at "SweetStampin"! Please come on back when you get your internet back and enter with us in another challenge! Would love to see more of your work! May you have a smooth move!
HUGS
Rach ~ Queen La Rubba

Leigh said...

Wow Alicia, this is a fabulous card. There is so much that the cricut can do.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Alicia :-) I am sure your grandad will love this card :-)

Thanks for joining the ABC Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x

Daniele said...

what a great card hope your grandad loves it thanks for joining us at MTTC hugs x