Saturday, January 9, 2010

A New Calendar/Diary


I have been umming and aahhing over what to do for a calendar for 2010. I ended up deciding on making my own and combining it with a journal. Whenever I see a spiritual healer, psychic, accupuncturist or naturopath they tell me I am a sensitive person who needs to write to release their emotions. They tell me it doesn't matter what you write, just get the thoughts out! I try so hard with this task, but then I usually give up for a month or so and then buy a new journal and try to start again. I thought having a calendar and journal in one might help me keep on track. I also wanted a calendar for all my birthday reminders and appointments etc and I thought combining the two would be a great record of the year 2010. Seeing I am turning 30 this year, moving interstate, starting a new job, and pretty much changing a lot about my life, I thought it might be an interesting year to record anyway.

I made the front cover first, and I am not 100% happy with how it looks in the photo, but in real life I do like it because the numbers 2010 are more defined. In the photo, they kind of get lost. I got my inspiration for the front cover from the Heather Bailey Blog and I copied one of her pictures for you below. I found this blog through a magazine. She is probably huge in America, but I had never heard of her before. I found her blog to be so inspirational and so colourful! I love colours. If you feel like a little look head on over and maybe you might feel as inspired as I did. The colours of my journal arent quite as bright as her blog, but these papers are brand new from the Craft Cupboard and I thought they would be close enough.Inside I am pasting the calendar for the month and then I plan to have a page a day for the journal. But I need to count all the pages and make sure there will be enough. I have just done January so far and took the photo before I began writing all over it. The papers I have used are {note} worthy by Making Memories. I added a little magnolia down the bottom, again I think looks better in real life. I punched out some pink hearts and used ribbons, lace and flowers from my stash.

I am entering this Calendar/Journal in the following challenges:

Paper Take Weekly - New Beginnings


Roses on Paper - Colouring with your fave mediums (Stampin' Write Markers)

Magnolia Down Under - Stamp with Another Use

ABC Challenge - Layering



Stampin for the Weekend - New Beginnings


It has been a gloriously sunny day here today, and hot! We went and had a look at the beach and it was beautiful! I took some photos and here is one to show you.


I hope you are having a lovely weekend. Thanks for visiting and getting through this very long post!


Post a Comment