Saturday, October 13, 2012

M4M Multi-Liner Madness - Saturated Canary Image


Hi Blogging Friends,

It is my turn to share some inspiration for the current Mad for Markers' Challenge: Multi Liner Madness.  I coloured a new Saturated Canary Image that Sammi has in store here.  It is called Ice Cream and Pickles.  She is so cute! I have made this card for my friend who has just fallen pregnant doing IVF so I wanted to make her a special card to let her know how happy I am for her.  My friend has lovely dark hair, so I chose to colour her hair in black.

I used my Multi-Liner for adding criss-crosses on the ice cream cone and for tracing the cream on the layers between the ice-cream (as I didnt do a great job with the stamping of the image, which is so me, I can never stamp that well).  I dont know if it is supposed to be cream, but I decided it would be on this card!  I also used my Multi-Liner drawing a little border around the card in three places.  One good thing about a Multi-Liner is that it doesnt smudge when you use your Copics over the top.

The papers I used are Amy Tangerine Sketchbook and the Copics I coloured with are:

Pink: RV09, RV06, RV04, RV02
Aqua: BG49, BG15, BG23, BG10
Yellow: Y08, Y06, Y02
Orange: YR07, YR04, YR02
Green: YG67, YG63
Hair: 100, C9, C7
Skin: E21, E11, R20

Here is a close-up of the colouring...



I am clearing out some stamps so if you are keen on a bargain check them out here.  A few sets have sold, but there is still plenty more left.  

Nicholas is sitting up now.  Yay!!! Here are a few recent pics...

Alicia xx




10 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous card Alicia, and awesome colouring.

Love the teeth Nicholas is showing off. :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Gretchen said...

Hi Alicia,
Love this card I love your colour combination and how you have put your card together it's so fun and funky. I too used this image for my friend it has been sitting on my desk for ages and I am so excited to be sending it to her this week.

Carol Dee said...

Great fun card for the new Mother-to-be. Nicholas is sure growing fast. he looks so handsome in blue. Such a happy little guy, hugs...

Marilyn said...

I didn't think that baby could get any cuter but he is! I love the little roly poly arms and he looks like such a happy little guy.
Your card... wow, that's some smokin' good colouring! The sheen to her hair, the highlighting on her shirt is pefect. And that glittery ice cream cone looks good enough to eat!

Rachel Parys said...

Oh my goodness! Tell him to stop growing up so fast!! He's just darling!!

Very sweet card! Your friend is going to love it! Awesome job!

Sammi said...

Gorgeous card! LOVE your colouring on icecream and pickles!! :D
And I love seeing photos of Nicholas! He is such a cutie!! LOVE the wide eyed hoodie one!!
Sammi
xxx

Merry said...

What a fantastic image.....and she certainly has that pregnancy glow about her. Lovely colouring Alicia. Thanks for the photos of Nicholas.....they certainly gave me a smile. He is so happy looking.

Jessie said...

I love the zingy colours on this card it's so vibrant and pretty!!!! Your colouring is amazing as always and Nicholas is getting cuter by the day!

Loz said...

Thought I'd commmented on this one? Love how you coloured her hair!! I need to practise the hair-colouring a bit more :)
love the pics of Nicholas, they are growing so fast aren't they!! x

A Casa di Ale said...

MA QUANTO BELLO E'??????

HA DEGLI OCCHI STUPENDI

CIAO DA ALE