Monday, September 19, 2011

Happy and Sad News

Hi Blogging Beauties,

Long time - no post, I know...life has been busy and I am behind with card-making.
I need to share some news first though.

I was very excited to have some of my cards published in this month's edition of Australian Cardmaking Stamping and Papercraft...yay!!!!!!!!!!
And...my card is even on the front cover!!!
(It is the bottom card in red with the Christmas baubles.)

So I am very proud and excited.


The sad news is that Herbie the lamb passed away.
It was devastating for me...it really depresses me when an animal dies.
I get really sad and down...but unfortunately he just wasnt meant to live.
It was a horrible rainy day the day he died....

But, life goes on and the cycle of life continues.
We tailed 187 lambs last weekend at Mum and Dad's, and that is a lot!
We had to give them injections as well.
They are much healthier when they have their Mum's milk...the mix-up milk is just not as good.

Just before I go...here is a little card I made for my cousin James for his 21st B'day and a matching present.


I hope you are all well and happy : )

Thanks for popping by.

Alicia xx

11 comments:

Merry said...

What a perfect male card for your cousins birthday.Such exciting news and congrats to have your cards published. I will have to recheck the magazine. :-) So sorry to hear about Herbie the lamb....that would be so very sad. Amazing how quickly we can become attached.

Carol Dee said...

Congrats on the publication of your card. So sorry to hear about Herbie's passing. The matching card and gift wrap is a great idea. Hugs...

Irene said...

Hi Alicia,
So sorry to hear about your little lamb. Congrats on being published, well deserved.Love the card, just perfect for a young man.Keep your chin up.
Irene xx

Louise F NZ said...

Sorry about your lamb Alicia, the boys lamb Dillon died last weekend, they were pretty devastated too. They were given a lamb each by out neighbour this weekend though and Bella and James are going great. Congrats on being published!!!! xox

Sandra H said...

Oh l'm so sorry to hear of your loss its hard when any animal dies which your attached too hopefully the pain will ease and to your card its lovely your cousin James will love this:) Sandra H

Leigh said...

Oh no Alicia. Poor little Herbie. So sorry. He's at peace now.

kiwimeskreations said...

Hi Alica - congratulations on being published, and commiserations on Herbie's death.
Your card looks amazing - so masculine in the colours and the clean lines.
Blessings
Maxine

Cheryl said...

Congrats on being a cover girl!

I love your card and matching gift wrap. It is so distinguished looking.

Lisa Howell said...

So sorry to hear about Herbie!
Woohoo...congrats on the publication!!

Mary J said...

Awww, goodbye Herbie, you gave us smiles while you were here. :(

A great card Alicia - the matching pressie gift wrap is brilliant!

Loz said...

ooh, better got and buy that magazine and have a squiz! sorry to hear about your poor little lamb :( they're just so darn cute aren't they! I love your simple 21st card too, perfect!! x