Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sweet Sketch Wednesday and a present to myself!



Well, I went to my friend Renee's 30th Birthday last night at the Story Bridge Hotel in Brisbane, and I hadn't finished her card. So I had to give her Chris' card and make another one for Chris. I thought I would use the second sketch for Sweet Sketch Wednesday. Its certainly not as glitzy as the first one! I did add a little bit of Kindy Glitz to the lace frill at the bottom of her dress. I purchased some of that mesh ribbon at the Scrapbooking cupboard in white and wheat. I embossed the Baja Breeze section across the bottom with a Cuttlebug folder.

Papers: DCWV The Sweet Stack, SU Baja Breeze, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue and some retired DP.
Image: Another stamped one from my friend, coloured in with SU markers.
Embellishments: Mesh ribbon, flowers from my stash and brads from SU Pretties Kit.

Well, I went back to the scrapbooking Cupboard yesterday and bought some accessories for my present to myself! With 40% off it was the perfect time to buy some accessories! I have decided I really wont be able to wait until Christmas, so I plan to get it out of the box and set it up today! Here is a picture of what I purchased - A Cricut Create machine. I also bought the software so it can be connected to the computer and the paper Dress-up Doll Cartridge. Looks like it will be a lot of fun and I hope it will help me with my Scrapbooking.
Back to school tomorrow - holidays are all over...ready to start the last term for the year. I am looking forward to reading "The Twits" by Roald Dahl with my class. I love that book! Have you read it? The kids just love it, because of the disgusting words and events in the book. Hope you have a lovely Sunday and thanks for visiting!
Post a Comment