Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Digi Stamp Double Challenge


I received my first Cuttlebug embossing folder today and I couldn't wait to try it out. I showed my husband what it looked like and he said it reminded him of dinosaur skin. This comment inspired me to get out one of my dinosaur digi-images from Digi Stamp Boutique and make a card. I knew of the challenge at 365 Cards to use bold colours; orange, blue, green, red and yellow. I thought this would go perfectly with my dinosaur card. I also knew of the challenge at Bee Crafty to use a digital image and letters, numbers or words. I know this card is quite a simple design - but sometimes simple is best and I imagine this would be great for a little boy (or girl) who loves dinosaurs - and kids often like simple, bright objects.

Our Grade Two classes went on an excursion today to Paradise Country. A farm designed for tourists on the Gold Coast and school excursions. I can't post any photos of the kids having a fun time, but I have posted a few photos of some of the animals we saw today; a koala, kangaroo, cow and alpaca. It was a lovely sunny day.


Thanks for visiting my blog.

9 comments:

Made by Mandy said...

Oh wow, what a beautiful picture of a koala. Its so cute :)

Love your card, great idea from your hubby about the dinosaur skin. Given me a great idea for a card.

Be warned , Cuttlebug folders are addictive !!!

Jacilynn said...

I love this image. CUte and Fun Card

Cheryl said...

Such a cute card,so bright and cheery!!! Love the embossing and gorgeous photos!
xx

Bee said...

Quite true, it does look like dinosaur skin! So a great tie in with the image. A really bright, fun card :)
- Thanks for visiting Bee Crafty

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

I love this card and the embossing does look like dinosaur skin. Your outing with the kids looks like it was fun. I adore koala bears their faces are just adorable.

Devon said...

Adorable card!

~amy~ said...

FUN cards and FUN pics too!

Amanda said...

I love this Alicia, it is so bright and happy. Love the embossing it looks like great.My favourite is the cow picture how cute is she.
Love Amanda

Gloria Stengel said...

This is adorable! That is on CB folder I don't have, and this card makes me want one! Nice job. Thanks for playing at 365 Cards!