Sunday, June 7, 2009

Super Sketchy Sunday with Dragonflies


Jeannie at Dragonfly Journeys is sponsoring the 365 Cards Super Sketchy Sunday Challenge. I love dragonflies so I just had to play along. I have made this card for a teacher at my school who needed a birthday card for her Mum. Her Mum's favourite colour is green, so I used lots of green in this card (and brown and white to balance it out). I also used lots of 3D dots so the card pops out a little. I think its a bit cute. I like this magnolia image - she looks like a free-spirit with the flowers in her hair and her hair swaying in the breeze. My sister has a dragonfly theme in her house and she told me that dragonflies represent freedom. I think this girl looks free and at one with nature.

23 comments:

Fi said...

Beautiful card Alicia, love the papers and dragonflies. Another fellow Aussie and Queenslander on 365 Cards - Yippee.
Hugs
Fi

chiara_francy said...

bellissima

Shari said...

THIS IS AWESOME!

scrapperjulia said...

This is just beautiful! Love the color combo and the dragonflies.

~amy~ said...

wow...fabulous job...really lovin' your choice of colors..

Cheryl said...

Fantastic!!! Love the cute little dragonflies and you have done an excellent job with the sketch!
xx

Jeannie said...

Awwwwww.....this couldn't be sweeter! There's no doubt she'll luv it. Wish I could see all of the dragonflies at her house.

Thank you so much for your kind words and for helping me celebrate!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

Made by Mandy said...

Lovely soft colours on your card and your colouring on the image is fabulous.

Victoria said...

Another gorgeous card, the brown does set the brown off perfectly

Victoria
x

Unknown said...

I love this card! The colors are so perfect and Magnolia is adorable as always! My name is also Alicia and I am a 27 year old teacher of preschool aged children! Nice to "meet" another Alicia!

Susan said...

I like how you took the sketch and made it work for you! I had a time with it too. very cute card

Rose said...

What a cute card!! :D

Karen Lee said...

Oh so sweet!

hugs, Karen Lee

Piali said...

Cute card.

Pam said...

This is lovely, Alicia, and the colors go beautifully together!

Amanda said...

This is a gorgeous card Alicia,she is going to love it
love Amanda

Maz said...

What a lovely card, I am sure the lady will love it
maz

Kit said...

Hi Alicia you have a beautiful blog this card is so cute

Bee said...

Lovely range of cards Alicia. Lots of variety in colours and styles, you have a great design eye :)
- Bee Crafty

LINDA said...

Another lovely card.. Love this darling little Tilda. very lovely work.. I have something for you over on my blog..
Hugs, Linda

Kellie said...

This is just gorgeous, I love everything about it, especially the colours, amazing colouring!
Kelx

Vicky said...

this is beautiful!! great job on the sketch!

Kristie Larsen said...

so adorable!! Lovely take on the sketch!