Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sweet Sketch Wednesday

I was looking for a challenge and I love to participate in Sweet Sketch Wednesday. So I followed their sketch and this is what I came up with. I have used all SU papers, card stamps, markers and ribbons. The only parts not SU are the butterfly, sentiment and pearls. It feels like its been ages since I made a card and I don't think you can underestimate how therapeutic it really is. After a long, freezing, frustrating day, card-making is exactly what the soul requires...along with a hot chocolate, cooked dinner, massage and early night. (Ok so bits of that was me dreaming...but it sure sounds nice!) Hope your day was warmer than mine and more peaceful! Thanks for visiting my blog.

10 comments:

Rose said...

What a pretty card! I love the colors and the pearls. Thanks for playing along with SSW!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful,the pearls and butterfly the perfect touch!!!
xx

mulberry station said...

Alicia, What a pretty card. The colores are so soft and delicate. I love the flowers and butterfly. Thanks for joining us at SSW.

sweetbloominscraps said...

Very nice, Alicia. I love the butterfly with your flowers and paper. The pearls add a nice touch! Have a nice day!

Arlana 11426 said...

Alicia, What a sweet and pretty card. I love the soft colors, flowers and butterfly. Thanks for joining us at SSW.

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Alicia - I thought Canberra was the only place that has freezing days...LOL!! Love your card and the Sketch you used...I will have to check it out! Your colours are so bright and gorgeous and the images perfect for this card! Love it! Thanks for sharing!!

Cheryl said...

Hi Alicia
I have an award on my blog for you!!!
xx

Liz Weber said...

Hi Alicia, your card is so sweet and cute and pretty - I just love the flowers and butterfly popping off the card like that. Thanks for joining in the fun at Sweet Sketches Wednesday! Nice to see another Aussie enjoying the sketches!

Kellie said...

This is gorgeous, love the colours, everything about it! xx

Sheri Gilson said...

Wonderful card Alicia! I love the colors and the pearl sprig is a great accent. Thanks for joining us at SSW!!