Monday, July 27, 2009

Magnolia Down Under - Christmas in July


I wasn't sure if I would have a go at the Magnolia Down Under Challenge for Christmas in July, because I have very little Christmas stamping products, but I found a Merry Christmas stamp and then a scrap of snow-flake paper and before I knew it I was excitedly putting a card together.

I followed Kellie's Punched Scallop Border Tutorial to make the frill around the image. I used my heat gun to emboss white powder onto the "Not Quiet Navy" card using one of my "Stampin Around" rollers. I haven't used them for ages but they work really well with the embossing powder to decorate plain card stock. I also embossed the "Merry Christmas" sentiment. I added some silver ribbon and rhinestones to complete the look. I love this "Not Quite Navy" colour from SU. I think it looks gorgeous with sliver and white.
I hope you had an enjoyable day today, mine was pretty average to be honest, still trying to get over a viral infection (yuk!). Will be drinking more immune boosting herbs every day and night to ward off disease! A pity it tastes so disgusting! Thanks for visiting...
Post a Comment