Thursday, July 30, 2009

Tuesday Sketch with Pearls


I followed the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketchers to make this card. Well - sort of followed it. I couldn't get the wavy look behind the image so I went for a straight piece instead.

I also used the Pearl Challenge from Stamp with Fun. It has been ages since I have combined two challenges for the one card. I am in love with pearls at the moment from my SU Pretties Kit. I love the ones you can glue on, because I have a bit of trouble sometimes with brads.

I LOVE this Magnolia pony stamp. I think it is just adorable. I coloured it with Pretty in Pink ink and my aqua painter and covered it in Crystal effects and Dazzling diamond glitter. Papers are all SU. I embossed the pink card with white and a retired Stampin' Around wheel.

I am having today and tomorrow off work as I have had a viral infection that has left me with an allergic eye condition. My eyes are all swollen and read and itchy - not a pretty sight! After three visits to the doctor and an optometrist, two different eye drops and an eye ointment, I think they have finally figured out the condition. Apparently I am over the worst of it.
Hope your week is going well for you.
Thanks for visiting my blog.

7 comments:

sweetbloominscraps said...

Way cute pony...I love the pinks and browns! Darling card and sketch.

LINDA said...

Absolutely adorable!! I love these colors together..Fantastic job..Hope your eyes get feeling better.
Hugs, Linda

Melissa Craig said...

This is just darling Alicia! You used one of my favorite color combos and that little horse is too precious!

Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Cheryl said...

Just adorable Alicia,I love this little Magnolia image and your choice of papers is perfect,a fabulous job on the sketch!!! I hope you are feeling better soon.
xx

Theresa said...

Alicia, your card is absolutley adorable. I just love it. To make my wave I used PowerPoint and went into shapes...it works great.

Good Job!

Theresa (TMS)

Amanda said...

HI Alicia, beautiful card, the horse is very cute and the cpapers and colours are perfect.
Love Amanda

Anonymous said...

beautiful card !!!love the sweet image. thanks for joining in our challenge.
big hugs tina46
swf-team