Friday, July 3, 2009

Sweetie's Sketches



I was inspired by the sketch from Sweetie's Sketches and all the fabulous cards from their DT collection. I made two cards - both very similar. But I am trying to make a few cards for a festival coming up at school and my friend Amanda taught me its easier to make two cards of a similar design. She is right. The second card is much quicker to make, because you just follow the first.
I also wanted to show you the two baby presents I wrapped today. I realised I didn't have any baby wrapping paper so I made my own! I posted them off today.
I did a lot of reading today which was nice. When I went for a walk this morning I got talking to a 94 year-old man who was sitting out the front of his house in the next street. He ended up being a writer and lent me one of his books to read. I read his book today, it was set in the Australian bush. I quite enjoyed it. He told me he left school at the age of 12 and taught himself how to write stories by reading good-quality literature. Amazing who you run into isn't it! He said everyone should write because everyone has a story to tell. Have you ever considered writing an autobiography? Let me know. Hope you are having a peaceful Friday evening.
Post a Comment