Friday, October 2, 2009

Sweet Sketch Wednesday ~ 17




I haven't played along with Sweet Sketch Wednesday for ages and I was looking for some inspiration...The Design Team there have the most amazing cards! So if you are looking for a bit of inspiration, head over to Sweet Sketch Wednesday and see their work!
This week they have two sketches to choose from. I chose the above sketch for a a card for a teacher aid at my school Chris. Chris helps me out so much during the term, photocopying, laminating, marking, testing my kids on their sight words and in so many more ways. I wanted to give her this birthday card and a little pressie to say thank you for all her hard work.
This card was a bit different for me...I have bought some new papers and embellishments from a scrapbooking shop nearby. They were having a 40% off everything sale! My dearest friends let me know about it and I bought myself a large Christmas present...I will tell you what it is soon. I am still deciding whether to wrap it up for under the tree, or, open it up and use it straight away!
Papers: Welcome to Asia Collection from "Far and Away", SU Basic Black, Mellow Moss and Elegant Eggplant
Image: This was stamped for me by a friend, I'm not sure what brand it is...maybe Penny Black, but I'm not sure. Maybe somebody can educate me on this. Coloured in with SU Markers.
Embellishments: Black leaf ribbon, aqua flower, silver ribbon and black button all from my stash. SU Dazzling Diamonds glitter.
Hope you like the card...and I hope Chris likes it too.
Thanks for visiting.

12 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a great job on the sketch!! I just love all the glitz you added. Sweet image!

Annette Bowes said...

Love it, what a fantastic card, just love the colours of course, but like what you have done under the image, is that stitching? I am sure Chris will love it, take careX:)

Wilma said...

Hi Alicia -Great card - its very sweet and i love the glitter and the cute image. Thanks for your kind comments about my cards. I suppose I do make a lot but not as much as some and you should see what end up in my bin! LOL

Teri said...

Great take on the sketch! Love all that glitter!
Thanks for playing at SSW this week.
Hugs,
Teri x

Carol Dee said...

Oh she is going to love this! Adorable image and wonderful sparkle!
Isn't it fun to get gifts, even if you buy them for yourself? I have a few guesses, so I can't wait to hear :) Happy Weekend, hugs

LINDA said...

Fantastic card!! love the cute little image.. Fab coloring.. and Love all the glitter.. very lovely!!
Hugs, Linda

Arlana 11426 said...

What a fun card. Love the image and the glitter that you added. Great take on my sketch. Love that added flower at the bottom.Thanks for playing along @SSW!!!

Rose said...

This is so cute! Really love your image! Thanks for playing along this week!

mulberry station said...

Alicia, I absolutely love your card. The image is just precious..I love everything about it! Fantastic job!

Victoria said...

fab card - love the image and those colours work really well with the added glitz too. How cool to find 40% off everything!

Victoria
x

sweetbloominscraps said...

Too Cute for words!!!! Love the lavenders and aqua and the glitter. Great job! Your sweet helper will love your card! Makes me smile!

Cheryl said...

What a fab card,love that image and all the pretty sparkle!!!
xx