Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Card for Beau


My cousin Beau is in year seven and it was his birthday a week or so ago, I am a little late with his card, but better late than ever I say! I always really struggle with male teenage cards and this one was no different. But I am having fun entering many challenges at the moment and I have entered this card in the following four challenges:
Crazy 4 Challenges - Punch Happy (I have used my tag punch)
Cute Card Thursday - Snips, Snails and Puppydog Tails
The Play Date Cafe - Colour Challenge - Dark Green, Light Blue, Orange and Sea Green
For my card I used Not Quite Navy and Bashful Blue SU card stock. I used some Magnolia DP and some strips of Kimberly Poloson's DP. The puppy dog is a Penny Black stamp cut out with a Nestabilities circle, the Happy Birthday tag stamp is SU (now retired) and the buttons came from spotlight. I like how the buttons are all the same shade of orange, but different sizes. I colured the puppy in with SU markers, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Old Olive and Mellow Moss. I added some Hemp Twine to give it a boyish feel. To be honest I am not in love with the card, but then I never really like the boy ones!
I went to the launch of the new SU mini catalogue today at Lucinda's house. I have ordered some new things to play with. I feel like I have lots of things to make at the moment...so I guess I better get a start on them.
Thanks for visiting today.
Post a Comment