Monday, January 17, 2011

Missing in Action


Hi Blogging Beauties,

I have been missing in action for a few days...Lots has been happening.  We went to Coffs Harbour for a funeral and stayed a couple of nights it was good to catch up with family.  The morning we left for home Mum and I went for a walk along the beach and I took a few photos including the one above.  Then I had a lovely swim in the pool where we were staying.  It was so nice to be near the ocean.



Now in Tamworth, it is Country Music Festival.  We went and saw Kasey Chambers perform on Saturday night.  I bought her cd and got it autographed.  We lined up to get a photo with her like true fans!  The photo shows my cousins Monica and Brigid, then Kasey and then me. 


This morning I went and saw my brother perform.  My brother is a Bush Poet.  That means he gets up on stage and recites poetry about the Australian Bush.  He writes his own poems and they are always really funny.  He has a new cd and dvd out at the moment for sale.  I know I am probably biased but I do believe he is the best Bush Poet in Australia!!  One of his poems is called "The Rubics Cube" and while he says the poem he solves the rubics cube.  It is a very tricky poem due to having to solve the puzzle at the same time.  I took a photo of him on stage but the lights were shining in his face and so it didn't come out very well.  Sorry about that.


These are just a few shots of Peel St (main street in Tamworth) where all the action is happening with street performers etc.  Can you see the lady in the background in the pink shirt and black cowboy hat?  She was line dancing to the music (as you do!) everyone was really getting into the feel of the festival.


And lastly, before I go I wanted to share with you my Carmel Meringue pie I made yesterday for my Mum's B'day party last night.  It was my first ever one and I was pretty happy with how it turned out.


Thanks for reading my ramblings.  I will be back with a card tomorrow.

9 comments:

Kellie said...

WOW looks like you had fun! And Kasey Chambers WOW! Can't wait to see the card tomorrow!

Hugs,
Kellie

Anonymous said...

What a lovely photo of you and your cousins with Casey....such beautiful big smiles. Enjoy the CMF.

Loz said...

wow, look at that beach shot! Great photo - wish we'd gone there for a holiday! ♥

Merry said...

What wonderful photos you have shared Alicia. Thanks for taking us along for the ride.

Carol Dee said...

Such fun you have been having (aside from the funeral.) Would it be possible to add a sound clip of your Brother's Bush Poems here? The pie looks yummy. Sending Happy Belated Birthday wishes to your Mum. Hugs...

Julie said...

That pie looks delicious,would have loved a bite,:) hugs,Julie.x

Annette Bowes said...

Wonderful photos Alicia! Sounds like you had lots of fun! How talented your brother is too, rubic cube and reciting a his poem at the same time! Let me know the name of his dvd sounds like it could be entertaining! The carmel meringue pie looks yummy! Take CareX:)

Deirdre said...

Thanks for sharing your photos. That pie looks yum.

Kerrie said...

Thanks for sharing your photos... loved reading about Tamworth... my mother goes up every year... and yes you probably brushed shoulders with her... she love Casey... but i love the photo of the croud in the street, especially the sign jenny craig... as ive put a bit of weight on since ive been away... thats where im heading....