Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Winner of my Candy...and Birthday News!



Hi Blogging Beauties,

I have been wanting to do this post for a few days...but life seems to be very hectic at the moment.  It was my birthday on Friday and Ben and I went away to Sydney for a few days.
I had the best birthday ever!! We shopped, ate out and watched movies.  It was a perfect day.  I couldnt have asked for anything better!

I received some beautiful hand-made cards and goodies in the mail and was so spoilt.  I really felt I had to share these with you!  The top card was made by the talented Aussie Cards for Sale designer - Fran Ashton.  I just love the gorgeous colours, those cute Maggies and those beautiful flowers!  Fran spoiled me with a selection of gorgeous candy.  Thank you so much Fran!


This next gorgeous card is made by another talented designer at Aussie Cards for Sale (and fellow Mad for Markers designer) - Michelle Gissel.  She knows I love these Anya stamps I think!!  I love the neutral colouring on this card and the pretty papers!  Michelle spoiled me with a selection of yummy candy as well...how lucky am  I, thank you Michelle.


This cute little Aussie Koala card is by my long-time blogging friend Carol Dee.  Carol is my most faithful follower commenting on every single post! Amazing I know!! When she visits Australia she is going to come and stay with me!  I love Carol's sweet card. Carol gave me a kangaroo book "thong" or book mark...so lovely, thank you so much!  I will put this to great use.  Thanks Carol.


Sammi, my gorgeous boss over at Mad for Markers treated me to this beautiful card.  I love the image and the sentiment!  This card has such a lovely feel to it...I want to fly like this cute little fairy!  Sammi spoiled me with some Copics...how lucky am I!! You know how much I love my Copics!  Thank you Sammi.


Aussie Loz another talented designer at Aussie cards for Sale sent me this little cutie!! What a gorgeous Maggie card!  So elegant and feminine.  Loz spoiled me with some delicious candy that I will be certainly putting to good use!  Thank you so much Loz!


Amanda Wyber, again, another talented Aussie Cards for Sale Designer made this card for our friend Chris to give me.  Amanda made me another card too, but it got stolen in the post! Can you believe that?? Someone slashed open the envelope and took it for themselves! All that turned up in my mailbox was the empty envelope!!  It was obviously a very much wanted card!!  I love the colours in this card the lemon and the green...so pretty and summery.


Lucinda Coleman, another talented Aussie Cards for Sale Designer made me this gorgeous card...in my favourite colour - blue.  I love the stamps, papers and colours in this card! Wow! It is beautiful.  Thanks Lucinda.


And last, but not least this card was made for me by my husband Ben.
I have to apologise for the crummy night-time photo for this one.  The colours dont show up as nicely in this photo.  He coloured it all by himself and then made the card.  I think I will have to get him onto making more cards for me to sell.  This talent cant be wasted : )!!

Finally, I wanted to share with you the winner of my candy from last week:

Linda W

Congratulations Linda!!! I will post you out your Edwin stamp tomorrow!

I will put up a new candy soon.

Thanks for making it to the end of this post!
Have a lovely evening.
Alicia xx



11 comments:

Kerrie said...

All your birthday cards are just gorgeous..... I know I'm slack... but please forgive me.... life is just mad at present... but glad you enjoyed Sydney.... let me know next time you in town and we will catch up. love kez x x

Larisa said...

Very beautiful cards!!! I love the last one so much!!! Great job))

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated birthday to you Alicia. I'm glad you had a lovely day away in Sydney. What a beautiful array of cards you received...I enjoyed checking them all out.

Merry said...

Oh wow...what a beautiful collection of cards you received. They are all so stunning. Imagine stealing a card from the post Amazing. Congrats to Linda. A very Happy Belated Birthday to you Alicia...sounds like a fun time.

Deirdre said...

Stunning cards - great to hear that you are enjoying your time away. Happy Birthday to you. Hope this year is your best one yet!. Hugs, Dee

Carol Dee said...

OMG these are such wonderful Birthday cards! Thanks for letting us see them. Congrats to Linda! :) Hugs....

Tracey Feeger said...

Oh what a gorgeous aray of fabulous birthday cards. OMG you hubby is talented indeed. I don't think I could get my DH to colour in the lines let alone make an amazing card like that. Glad you had a great birthday
mwah
Trace

Irene said...

What a lot of lovely cards you received Alicia, your Husband made a brilliant job of his card. Belated birthday wishes.
Hugs
Irene x

Loz said...

who's a lucky girl! those cards are all stunning, how special is it to receive handmade cards from people you've never even met? Am glad to hear you had a fabulous wkd ♥

Amanda said...

Beautiful cards for a beautiful person.Fran your card is awesome! Glad you enjoyed your birthday. Why has Ben been hiding his card making talents for so long? x Amanda

Michelle said...

Hi Alicia

I am so glad you had a lovely birthday.

Great selection of cards from your friends. I am so happy that you liked my Anya card :-).

Wow, how amazing is your husband?! He has made you the most beautiful card! I can count on one had the amount of cards (bought ones at that) my Husband has given me over the last 10 years.

He definitely needs to be recruited, lol.

Michelle :-)