Thursday, June 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Ambrose



I found a gorgeous sketch over at Papertake Weekly. I loved the sketch because of the neatness and simplicity of the three sections at the back of the image. It looks so symmetrical. My cousin Ambrose is having a birthday very soon and he is turning twelve I think. He is such a cutie and I am sad he is growing up so fast! He lives in the country and loves animals so I thought this Penny Black stamp might work. I am combining it with the Creative Card Crew's challenge - A card for a child. I used SU papers, cards and ribbons. I coloured the image with SU Watercolour crayons and a Blender pen.
School was very busy and tiring today...late nights staying up making cards probably isn't helping...report writing has begun (yuk)...the kids are wearing out and we are all looking forward to a well-earned holiday!! Luckily we get a long-weekend this weekend for the Queen's Birthday!! Then I think everyone will seriously start counting down to the end of term. Thanks for visiting my blog. I really enjoy your comments.

10 comments:

Paula said...

What a sweet card i adore the cute PB image you have used and such a fab layout. Thankyou for taking part in the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
Paula xxxx

Victoria said...

Lovely card, nice touch with the buckle.

Enjoy your long weekend

Victoria
x

Cheryl said...

Very cute,love the colours and the sketch is fabulous.....a fantastic card!!!
xx

Mrs Mayne said...

Cute card! Love the PB images! Thnaks for joining us for the PTW challenge!

Joey said...

Hi, cute cute image, love the colours. thanks for joining us this week. Joey.x

Nicola said...

Love how you have popped those gorgeous papers and your PB image is so beautifully coloured. A truly stunning card Alicia.
Thank you for playing along with us at the Creative Card Crew this week.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good evening Alicia, this is such a lovely card hunny, i love the image and the fabulous layout . Thank you for joining in with the creative card crerw challenge, Linda x

Amanda said...

Hi, very cute card. I like this sketch.Very fancy blogging happening, the flowers are changing each page. You are very clever.
Love Amanda

Kathie said...

oh my that card is so sweet!! I love those little critters!!
Kathie
xoxo

Tasha said...

Hi there i adore your card - i love everything from the image to the fab papers to the layout - its all gorgeous
thank you for joining in the Creative Card Crew challenge
love tasha xx