Monday, February 21, 2011

Craft Your Days Away ~ GDT Card


Hi Blogging Beauties,

I applied to be a Guest Designer at Craft Your Days Away and they said "yes"! So here is the card I made.


I followed their sketch.  It is important to have the elements of the sketch especially the ribbon in the corner and then you can embellish on top of that. I followed it very closely.


 I had this Kenny K image printed out and ready to go so I coloured her in using Copics.
Purples: V17, V12, V06
Greys: C-1, C-3, C-5, C-7
Black 100
Skin: E21, E00, R20

I added Bella chipboard and decorated the inside as well.
I sold this card at the markets on Sunday.


I am behind on comments, but hope to catch up today or tomorrow.  Lots has been going on lately.  Including me quitting my casual teaching job on Friday...so crafting has taken a little back seat this weekend as I have come to terms with the whole thing.  Over the next few days though I will definitely be catching up on blogging and commenting.

I would like to enter:
Creative Craft Challenge - Cards for a Teen
Cute Card Thursday - Shiny, Happy Cards
Dutch Dare Card Challenges - Sparkle/Glitter/Bling
Totally Papercrafts - Do it with Digis

Thanks for popping over to see my card.
Have a lovely day,




15 comments:

Merry said...

Time for a change Alicia....hope everything settles for you. This card is stunning and perfect for the sketch...there is no wonder they accepted you as Guest Designer.

LINDA said...

WOWZER!! What a beautiful card.. Very lovely work!!
Hugs, Linda

Michelle said...

Hi Alicia

Ooh fabulous card, so bright and fun!!

Awesome papers!

Michelle :-)

Amanda said...

Awesome!!!

Irene said...

Congratulations Alicia, well deserved with this stunning card.

Julie said...

This card "Rocks" such a fab design. No wonder it sold! Have a great week,Julie.x

Nikbee said...

I love this card. The papers are fab and the image is so perfect for a teen. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft.

Nikki x

Sue said...

Hi Alicia
wow a fantastic card, awesome colour work,lovely papers & colour combo,thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Carol Dee said...

WOW - Congratulations on being selected to the design team. Sold Already! I bet all your cards sell quickly. They are fabulous.
Big Hugs....

Dorcas said...

Great color scheme and coloring skills. :-)
I’m so glad you could join us at Dutch Dare this week!

Betty said...

I love your theme of rock star chick,great for a teenager beautiful card, and congrats on your gdt spot hun.
Betty A x x

Scatty Cards said...

Great card, love the image. Thanks for joining in at creative craft, good luck.
xx

Joey said...

Gorgeous card Alicia, love the detail on the star, thanks forjoining us at tpc
Joey x

Cheryl said...

Your card totally rocks! Fabulous design and details.

Amanda said...

Great card and a great GD!

Crafty Creations by AJ
Amanda