Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sympathy Cards and a Tidier Desk



Hi Blogging Beauties,

I hope you are having a nice weekend...
Unfortunately I have had to make a lot of Sympathy cards lately.  Not all for me to send out thank goodness. This first one is my favourite.  It came together with scraps...but you wouldnt think it as it all matched so nicely.


These cards are made with a SU stamp set that is just so easy to make Sympathy cards with.
I pull it out every time because it doesnt involve much thinking and is a quick way of making a card.  I try to keep them pretty simple and I like the nature theme.

I would like to play along with 


 I have been using heaps of my scraps lately.  It all started after sitting next to Annette at the conference and telling her about my messy crafting desk.  I vowed to come home and try and clean it up and so I bought a new document tray and organised all my card and scraps into colours.  Having them in the same drawer means I see the scraps when I go to get some card and I tend to use scraps rather than cutting up new paper.
For such a very basic idea it has been very successful.


Here is a photo of the two sets of document trays.


 When you pull out a drawer you see the scraps on top of the card which encourages you to have a look and see what is available to use.  The more document trays you get the more papers and colours you could hold.  I had to combine some colours because I also included a drawer for clear bags, stickers/rub-ons and images/sentiments that are already printed out.
For me it is much easier to tidy up at the end of a project and that is keeping my desk more tidy and making me want to craft more!

Thanks for stopping by,

Alicia xx

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the rich colours on the first card Alicia....that is a fab sympathy set isn't it. The new storage looks great and sounds like it is helping you to be very organised.

kiwimeskreations said...

Love your storage solution - so workable.

Your cards are great too - sympathy ones can be so difficult. I find I do better with them when I have the time to think, so I try to have one or two on hand, rather than make them under time (and sometimes emotional) pressure.
Blessings
Maxine

Cor* said...

How I struggle with sympathy cards. Thanks for inspiring. these are utterly gorgeous!

Kerrie said...

Lovely simple, but elegant sympathy cards... and its a good way to store scraps, I've been using mine up lately too!

Hannapanna said...

Lovely sympathy cards, gorgeous colours and images. Hope that you don't need to send them... Thanks for joining our With Sympathy challenge over at Fairy Tale Challenge Blog. Hugs, Hannna

Irene said...

Sympathy cards are not the easiest of cards to make Alicia but you have done a brilliant job of these, they are just perfect. Brilliant storage for your scraps.
Irene xx

Bianca said...

Alicia, your cards are so very pritty! I love the colours, it´s refreshing to see such cards not in black and white. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

Carol Dee said...

I like those trays, my scraps and partial sheets are all in one box. I do however look in it before cutting into a new sheet. (Kind of proud of myself!) I agree that cleaning up after a project helps. If I let it pile up before I know it I have a TINY work space left. Enjoy the rest of you weekend, Big Hugs...

PokSa said...

Your cards are wonderful. Great work. I love it all.
Thanks for joining us at the Fairy Tale Challenge.
xx Sandra

Nela said...

All your cards are beautiful!
Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! Hugs Nela

Merry said...

What a fantastic idea for your scrap paper. I have a lunch box and it takes too long to sort through it to find the right piece of scrap. Love your cards...they are just perfect and beautiful papers.