Sunday, October 30, 2011

Boys Rule!


Hi Blogging Beauties,

I made this card as a special order for a lady.
It was for her son Riley.  She wanted an outdoor boy card.
She really loved it when I gave it to her so I was so happy about that.

I used Prima paper scraps to make the card and some alphabet stickers for the sentiment.
I coloured "Skater Ian" in these Copic Colours:

Browns: E47, E37, E35
Greens: G14, YG06, YG03
Blues: BG05, BG01, BG000, BG10
Skin: E00, E21, E11, E04

I would like to enter this card in the Colour me Creative Copic Challenge - Boys
I have just signed up to this group.  If you are a bit addicted to Copics (like me) you might want to head over and check this out!

We had a family dinner at our place last night.
It was lovely to catch up, but lots of work with cleaning and cooking and then cleaning again.
I think I over did it a bit as my tummy has been a bit sore today. 
(I was sweeping, vachuming, carrying chairs around etc etc.)
I have concentrated on just resting today, and taking things easy.
I will have to post a photo of my belly soon as it is growing and I dont think I can get away without looking pregnant anymore!  Ben keeps saying "its going to get bigger"...which is ultimately true and obvious.  When I am at home I wear leggings and t-shirts.  But for going out, summer dresses are proving to be the most easiest form of clothing.  I have not bought a stitch of maternity clothes or anything baby yet.  But when I was in Target on Friday I walked past the baby section and couldnt stop smiling thinking I am going to get to buy that stuff now!!
Just need to work a little more so I can get some money!!

Hope you had a lovely weekend.
Thanks for stopping by.

Alicia xx

13 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Hi Alicia - love that card! It is a beaut.
Take care, and enjoy the shopping that is ahead of you. Once you get into maternity clothes you will be so comfortable you will wonder why you waited so long :-).
Blessings
Maxine

Mary J said...

Cool card Alicia! I love how you've coloured his hat!

Irene said...

Awesome card Alicia, just perfect for a young lad.
Such an exciting time for you, enjoy it.
Irene xx

Annette Bowes said...

Perfect card for Riley, love the colours! Oh maternity clothes, you are so spoilt nowa days! We only had one shop that had a maternity section! So wish you so much fun baby shopping!!! I loooooved it! And it doesn't stop because they keep growing lol!! Keep well, take careX:) p.s. Ben is so right your bump is so going to keep growing lol!

Sandra H said...

Oh Alicia, this is so beautiful! the image is adorable and coloured beautifully and the background choice beautiful too! :) Sandra H

Carol Dee said...

I really want to see *the baby bump* so be sure to post one... :)
Great card for a nine year old boy. Bet he loved it.
hugs...

Viv said...

Adorable boys card Alicia! Perfect!
Glad to hear you're taking it easy and watching that bump grow! We miss you!
Viv xx

Leigh said...

Oh Alicia, please take lots of care. Don't overstrain yourself.
You certainly on a roll with your cards...go girl.

Dana Joy said...

Wow...what an awesome card Alicia. Love your coloring, Thanks for playing with us for the CMC boy inspired challenge.

Hugs
Dana

Liz Weber said...

Hi Alicia, hope you are feeling well? Love this darling little boy card, just perfect for the little man in our lives. Loving what you are doing with those stamped images! Take care, have a great week!

Cindy said...

Very cute, "Boy" card!! Love the colors and your layout!! I love your blog too!! Cindy

charlene said...

What a cute little card ! Love the colors and the little embellishments...what a fun little boy card. Thanks for joining us at CMC Challenge
Hugs

Andrea Murdock said...

I just love your card and your cool dude on it! he rocks! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CMC copic challenges!