Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Male Beach Card and a Children's Craft Project


Hi Blogging Beauties,

How is your week going?
Mine is pretty good...just mainly tutoring this week and getting a bit of gardening done here and there.  Before the really hot weather sets in!!

I made this card for my uncle John who lives in Hervey Bay QLD.  A lovely tropical part of the country.  I coloured the hair while I was at the conference and was learning how to colour hair better.  The card was made out of scrap papers.  The waves I hand drew and then cut out.  Then I drew on a little white border with my white gel pen.


I had some little sea charms so I added those on in the water.
I would like to enter this card in the Die Cut Dreams Challenge - So Charming.


The colours I used were:

Hair: E35, E37, E33, Y38, E31
Skin: E00, E21, E11, E04
Yellows: Y17, Y08, Y11
Blues: B05, BG05, B02


Also I thought I would share this photo with you.  My niece loves crafting and so we have organised for her to come over on a Monday afternoon and do some craft.  We had our first session this week and we made a mobile.  It was easy and fun too.  Here are the instructions.

1. Trace around a plate onto white cardboard and cut out.
2. Draw a line that splits the circle in two.
3. Paste blue card on the bottom half of the circle.
4. Draw a sun and rainbow on the top half and colour in.
5. Punch out flowers and colour the centres yellow.
6. Paste them on the blue half of the circle.
7. Laminate the circle and cut it out.
8. Attach ribbon streamers to the back of the circle using sticky tape.
9. Attach a ribbon hook at the top so you can hang your creation.
10. Glue on many flowers to the ribbon streamers at the bottom.

My niece loved making it and she loved the finished product.  It took about one hour to make.
I had fun making it too.  I thought I would link it up to Jill's Worldwide Blog Hop.

Hope you have a great week.
Thanks for stopping by.

Alicia xx

7 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Hi Alicia - great card - lots of movement and colour!! Love the mobile too.
Blessings
Maxine

Irene said...

Fabulous card Alicia, lovely and bright,the charms have finished it off perfectly. Cheered me up on a wet, dull grey day here in the UK. Your niece's mobile is brilliant, she should be very proud of herself for making such a wonderful project.
Irene xx

Carol Dee said...

You are such a fun Auntie! Love the mobile. The streamers look just like some trim I used on a dress WAY Back in the 70's :) LOL. Have a fabulous day, hugs...

Sandra H said...

Wow your card is gorgeous great colours and image and how nice that your niece got involved with crafting and l just love the results its fabulous and l'm sure she was so pleased to have made it with you:) Sandra H

Annette Bowes said...

Love your bright surfer card Alicia! Fantastic hair! Your neices's mobile is beautiful, love the daisy ribbon, take careX:)

Dragonlady said...

Hi there,

Gorgeous beach card, love all the charms. Great creation by your niece too. Thank you for playing at Die Cut Dreams.

Hugs Ali x

Merry said...

What a wonderful bright and cheery card. I am really enjoying seeing all these different types of hair colourings. Lovely mobile too.