Wednesday, October 5, 2011

An old farm card...


Hi Blogging Beauties,

Saturday night we went to my uncle's 50th.  It was a lovely party.  So good to catch up with family.  Keith is a farmer and loves old things so we bought him an old iron from a second-hand shop as his present. The iron wasnt the same as this (this is one of google images) but it kind of gives you an idea of what I am talking about.  It was a rectangular shape and was so heavy I couldnt lift it.


This was the card I made to go with the present.
I printed off an image from Google of an Australian Farm and Home Magazine from back in 1958.  The paper behind that is a map I printed off of New South Wales in colonial settlement times, got that from google too.  (But most of this got covered up.)  I added some coloured chip-board and some rafia and some hat pins to embellish it a little and fill in that big space.  Here is a close-up.


I would like to enter in the Crazy Amigo Challenge - Animals

Here is a picture of me nursing Tommy.  He is such a baby when he wants to be.  He loves to sleep in my arms or on my lap.  I dont get a lot done though when he does this.


Here is a close-up of his closed eyes...


 I have been busy today and busy again tomorrow.
How have you been going??
Thanks for stopping by.

Alicia xx

P.S If you havent entered my October candy yet please click here.

9 comments:

Irene said...

Fantastic card Alicia, I bet your Uncle loved it.
Lovely to see pics of Tommy,you do realise that he is going to want to sleep like that when he is a much bigger boy, don't you.lol!
Have a good day
Irene x

Carol Dee said...

(2nd try) I love the card, I could really see wheat where the hatpins are. Those Irons make great door stops, watch your toes. :) TOmmy looks very content. Hugs...

Leigh said...

Fabulous card Alicia. Just right for a male farmer. Aaaawww Tommy is so cute.

kiwimeskreations said...

fabulous card Alicia - love all your detail!!
Blessings
Maxine

Cheryl said...

Great card! I love the vintage feel and all the great details.

Merry said...

So cute...all those cuddles. What wonderful embellishments you found to put on your card....great ideas.

Hanne said...

Great card Alicia!
Hanne

Mina said...

aaaaahhhhhh cutie, sound asleep too...what a fabulous card, perfect mans card...thanks for joining in with the Crafts & Me challenge
Mina xxx

Mina said...

what a fantastic card Alicia, perfect mans card...thanks for joining in with the Crafts and Me challenge
Mina xxx