Saturday, February 18, 2012

Syren ~ Creeper Mermaid ~ in RVs



 Good Morning Copic Lovers,

I hope you have a lovely weekend planned : )
I have a card to share today that I have made for our current Mad for Markers R and RV colour challenge.  I have coloured in Syren and you can buy her here at the Mad for Markers Store.  She is fun to colour.  I find her hair the most challenging bit.

You will die when you read that I had her all coloured in and then I started to cut her out and a bit of the black from her hair smudged onto my finger and then onto the middle of her face, then more onto her tail.  So after trying best to colour over it, blend it out, etc etc I had to throw that image in the bin and start the colouring all over again!  Oh well...a bit of colouring practice for me I guess!


I coloured her with....
Hair: 100, C-7, C-5
Skin: E00, E11, E04
Pinks: RV23, RV21, RV34, RV29

These papers I am just in love with and I am quickly working my way through this Echo Park Be Mine Pad.  If you like them to you should enter my candy.  This paper pad is part of the candy!  I also used some lace, a swirl die cut some pins, soft tulle, pink ribbon, gem stones and a black flower to decorate.


I am entering this card in:



I took the colours from this photo and the bit of tulle is like the dress.

Well I hope you have a wonderful weekend...with some time for a bit of colouring...or a lot (even better)!!  Head over to Mad for Markers and link up a card or project using R or RV Copics.
Thanks for stopping by, 

Alicia xx

12 comments:

Annie Rose said...

She's gorgeous! What a fantastic card. :)

Thanks for playing with us at {ANYONE FOR ANYA}!

-Annie Rose

Gretchen said...

Such a gorgeous card Alicia. I love the colour combination and your amazing colouring. Hope you have had a lovely summer.

Carol Dee said...

Love the mermaid. I find black hair very hard to do. I spent today coloring with my copics. :) I am hooked :) Hugs...

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh yes, those smudges can be challenging - and it sounds as though it won that round! Great card Alicia - love the colours and the glitter on the mermaids tail.
Blessings
Maxine

Mary J said...

Just beautiful Alicia! I love that black against the pink!

Jessie said...

I hate when that happens and it has happened a lot to me! Gorgeous card as always, love everything about it :)

Rachel Parys said...

Alicia-she is fantastic! I don't think I have ever seen anyone color her hair black, it looks awesome! And I am loving the pink and glitter on her bottom half, it's reall pretty! Great card!

Zora said...

Black and pink together is a verry strong and a fabulous combination. Love this card :O)

Susan said...

Beautiful Alicia I totally LOVE it! Gorgeous colouring (as usual!)Thanks for joining in at AFA this week.
Susan xxox

Jenn Borjeson said...

This is gorgeous, I am so jealous of the way you color black hair. I struggle with black hair! Love the colors in this, the whole thing is just gorgeous. :)

Blankina said...

Congratulations with your win at AFA Alicia!! Your card deserves it because it is fantastic.
Ciao Blankina

Pop's Cards said...

This is really gorgeous hun I love the image hugs Pops x