Monday, April 20, 2009

Colour Create Challenge - Mother's Day Card

This week's challenge at Colour Create was a pink, black and white theme with polka-dots. I used a sketch I have used before to create my card. I love this sketch with the four square panels. It is so simple, yet effective. I thought I would turn it into a Mother's Day card as this date is approaching quickly and I need four Mother's Day cards for my Mum, Ben's Mum and our two Nans. I decided to do a basic inside for the card as well because the base card stock I used felt a little bit flimsy. I used a Stampin' Up rub-on for the inside. I love those rub-ons. They give a really nice finish. Overall I really like this card, I haven't decided who to give it to yet. I will wait and see how the other Mother's Day cards turn out and choose an owner for this one later. At least I have one ready!

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous Alicia,you have balanced the colours beautifully and it is a fabulous sketch!!!
xx

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card, I'm sure you're Mum will love it :o)

Hugs
Tracey
x

Steph said...

Really gorgeous card. Love the papers you've chosen x

Beccy said...

Great card which ever Mum you choose will love it x
Beccy

Chris said...

A gorgous card and whoever gets this one will be so delighted! Love the papers and those pretty flowers. Glad you could join us at CC this week. Chris x