Saturday, April 25, 2009

Turquoise and Yellow

I was really inspired by Kath's card from Kath's Blog seen below. I love how she has used the colours turqouise and blue to make this card. I also love the papers and the scalloped edges around the card. I also love the flower stamp and the swirl with stitching. In fact I love everything about this card! After seeing Kath's card it inspired me to have a go using the colours yellow and turquoise. The colours seemed to go with the weather today - bright and sunny! Because I am not making cards in the middle of the night today! (Amanda - you will be so pleased!) I photographed the card outside on our front grass. I used my new stamp that I received in Cheryl's Blog Candy "Lilly" from Bizzy Becs Stamps. I used a sketch from Inspirational card Sketches. I also used Stampin' Up card from the bold brights collection. It is definately very bright! I coloured the image using my aqua painter and stampin' up markers and ink pads. (Although Lilly looks a bit pale out there in the bright sunlight - she doesn't look as pale indoors.)

I decided to put some white card on the inside to make it easier to write on and added a verse from Stampin' Up "Cheery Chat".
Well I am off to two parties now...Jesse's farewell and then a 30th Birthday at North Burleigh Surf Club. It is a beautiful Gold Coast day out there...time to get amongst it! Have a great day.

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

This is beautiful Alicia,I love the distressing you have done and you have coloured Lily beautifully!!! I have used these colours before and I love them.
xx

Kath Stewart said...

Hi Alicia
No I don't mind you sharing my card and thank you for your lovely comments....love what you did with the colour combo...such a sweet card and gorgeous image...Big Hugs Kath xxxxxx

Saskia said...

Lovely cards!! So creative!

Greetings,
Saskia

Pop's Cards said...

What a gorgeous image, the colours look fab, hugs Pops x x x

brenda said...

What a fab colour combo, a super finished article.

Brenda x

Merry said...

I really like the blue and yellow card...very cheery.