Wednesday, April 29, 2009

No Sketches, No Challenges, Just my own Design...


I really shouldn't be making cards so late into the evening tonight. After my parent-teacher interviews today I didn't get home from school until 8pm. They all went very well and my parents all seem happy...I am pleased...but their children are doing very well..so thats all good!


I was on the phone to Mum tonight and she leaves for the wedding tomorrow. Mum and Dad will travel with my Grandparents for two days to get to the wedding. A big effort! Anyway she hasn't got a card yet for Kate and Pat so I said I would make one for her. This is what I came up with. She probably will end up choosing the one I made last night because she doesn't like black for weddings, so I will probably write on this one. I used my stamps Lucinda gave me a few years back as a present. I inked them with pale pink ink to add a touch of romance to the card. The photo doesn't actually show up the hearts very well. One has "love" written all over it in fancy handwriting and the other has hugs and kisses. The "forever" sentiment is a white Stampin' Up rub on over black paper. I think its modern and and a bit different to a traditional wedding card. I love to read your comments, please tell me what you think...

Alicia xx

5 comments:

Linanna DESIGNS said...

What a gorgeous card Alicia, very pretty. I am glad your parent/teacher interviews went well, your obviously a very good teacher, the children are lucky to have you. Hope you have a good evening, hugs Linda x

PapierGirl said...

Hi Alicia - your wedding card is very elegant! I'm sure they will love it! :) You sound like me - always trying to get some scrappin' time in! I could be dead tired, but I always manage to make time! Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by my blog! Cathy :)

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous Alicia,such a fabulous design and I love the swirls and hearts together!!! Very elegant!
xx

Amanda said...

Hi Alicia,
Beautiful card, your mum is lucky you are so creative.Have a great day.
Amanda

wintam said...

I loooove this card! as you said it's kind of modern, which I like, but it still has a classic flair, so I think your mom WILL like it. How could she not?!? how could anyone NOT like it?!? Please post an update about it, so we'll all know what she thought.
Take care, Tammy