Monday, May 11, 2009

A Field of Summer Flowers



Sadly Summer is well and truely behind us in Australia, but I can't complain too much because we have had some lovely Autumn weather, sunny days, cool nights and generally its nice to experience a change in season. However, this card does remind me of a summer's day...I have used all Stampin'Up card, paper, ribbon and stamp. The only item not SU is the green centre of the flowers which I picked up at K-Mart. I enjoyed working with this sketch from Card Patterns and I think it could be a very versatile sketch...particularly for male cards which I have seen everyone having a go at and making some lovely cards too. I just couldn't muster up the enthusiasm for a challenging male card tonight. I seem to have alot of difficulty with them...
I am still on my quest for early nights this week as my cold is still hanging onto me with determination and believe me having cold symptoms while trying to survive a day with 26 little cherubs is a really BIG challenge! Maybe more early nights will strengthen my immunity...and get me through the rest of the week. The school day is so jam-packed I barely have time to breath...and neither do the kids. Their day is full as we try to use every minute for quality learning experiences, although some days it just feels like organised chaos, and today was definately one of those days! I hope your day was a little more peaceful than mine and heres hoping they get a little more peaceful as the week develops.
Finally, thank you for your lovely comments on my cards. It is so nice to share cards with other people who love card-making and even nicer to hear what they have to say about them. Enjoy your evening...
Alicia xx

9 comments:

LINDA said...

This is so beautiful.. Love the design..And the colors are wonderful..
Hugs, Linda

Terry said...

Hiya Alicia, what a beautifull card you made just fits perfectly with this time of year, just wonderfull top job....hugs terry

Kellie said...

Oooo uhhhh I love this card! It's gorgeous and I just love everything there is about it! I hope your cold gets better soon. I know being a mother to 3, two little stay at home children and having a cold can be really hard so you must be a wonder women to do it with 26!
Take care,
Kelx

Helen F. said...

Such a pretty card for this sketch~which was fun, huh? Your color combo is just perfect also!

Leigh said...

Oh, I like this card. Gorgeous colours.

Amanda said...

Hi Alicia, this card is beautiful it has a really nice effect.
Amanda

Victoria said...

Gorgeous card. Love your blog, returned the compliment and following yours now too.

Looking forward to seeing your future creations

Victoria
x

Saskia said...

Beautiful card! So fresh and elegant!

Greetings,
Saskia

whoistracy said...

I just love those little flowers Alicia! What a pretty card. So glad you could play along with us!