Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Flutter By Butterfly Magnolia Down Under Challenge




I have been looking forward to doing this challenge since as soon as I saw it on the Magnolia Down Under Challenge Blog (I think that was only two days ago - but you can tell how addicted I am to making cards at the moment!) I was really inspired by the butterfly theme and thought the Design Teams cards were so beautiful! Who doesn't love butterflies, they really are the most beautiful insect there is.
Last year when we went on our holiday to Port Douglas we went and visited the Butterfly Sanctuary at Kuranda and it was the most beautiful, peaceful, delightful garden I have ever been in. The butterflies came and landed on us...It was amazing. I have added a little photo of the day. Of course it was very tricky to get the butterflies in a photo, and the photo is probably too small to see the butterflies anyway...but you can see the lush, tropical plants and me loving every second of it!
Anyway, back to my card. I coloured in the image with my stampin' write markers, ink pads and aqua painter brush. For the grass I experimented with the Stampin' Up water colour crayons and I used my markers to colour the stamp that made the flowers and stems. I cut out the little butterflies and glued them on and drew tiny dotted swirls near them but you can hardly see it in the photo. They were in bashful blue and the camera unfortunately didn't pick them up well. I added some Kindy-glitz to the swirls and to her wings. The sentiment is a sticker that says "may your birthday be as special as you" and the paper is from DCWV Blossoms and Butterflies Stack.
I had a lovely, relaxing time making this card. Thank you for coming and visiting my blog and seeing my card. The people who have already entered this challenge have made some beautiful cards. If you haven't looked already head on over to the Magnolia Down Under Challenge Blog and see for yourself.
Alicia xx

7 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

Gorgeous work on the challenge - I love all those beautiful butterflies flying out of Tilda's hands.
Lovely to see you playing again this week!
xXx

Kellie said...

Gorgeous card, thanks so much for playing along and joining us at Magnolia Down Under Challenges. Hope to see you back again next challenge.
Kelx

Cheryl said...

Oh this is gorgeous Alicia,such pretty colours and a fab design!!! so very creative having the butterflies coming out of Tilda's hands!
xx

Faye Butterworth said...

A pretty card, love that stamp.

Victoria said...

beautiful touch to add the butterflies, it looks like they are supposed to be there

Victoria
x

Amanda said...

A very pretty card Alicia, I can't wait to see what it looks like( NOt in a photo). It is perfect.
Love Amanda

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Gorgeous, love all the butterflies such a clever idea. Thanks for playing.
Kristy