Saturday, May 23, 2009

One for the Boys!


Its my cousin Barry's 30th Birthday today.  He is an Agronomist at Griffith (NSW).  From my understanding an Agronomist works with farmers advising them on how to get the best out of their crops, assisting them with the best planting, fertilizing and harvesting techniques.  He loves the country so I chose browns, greens and oranges for this card.  He also loves to have a beer so I thought the Digi Stamp Jim with beer would be perfect.  I originally printed the image out and coloured it in, but when trimming it down I ruined it so I had to start again.  This time I decided to colour it on the computer.  So I used the paint program to colour the image and then printed it out on photo paper - something a little different.  Dare you to Digi is having a male card challenge and so that suited me perfectly and I used a sketch from Stamp Something blog.  Overall the card has a simple, no-fuss feel about it...I think Barry will like it.

10 comments:

Beccy said...

Great card.

Beccy x

Sue said...

It's a great card, I like the way you have personalised it xx

Amanda said...

HI Alicia, hope your cousin loves this card, Chelsea wanted me to say that it is great and she likes his big nose.
Love Amanda

Anne said...

Great card, love the beer :)

Cheryl said...

A fab card Alicia,love the image and the sketch works so well with it!!!
xx

Larissa said...

Great card! Those Jim images are so perfect for the boys and men! Love the sketch you used! I am going to save it.
Thanks for joining us at DU2DS!
Hugs,
Larissa

Donna said...

Hi Alicia, thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog, you have some amazing cards on your blog and I'm so pleased you love the Digi Stamp Boutique images, I love the cards you have made so far with them especially this card with Jim.....its absolutely brilliant :) Donna x

Becky said...

Hi Alicia! Thanks for the lovely comments on my blog!! Your card is brilliant, I'm sure Barry will love his card!!
Love Becky xx

Anonymous said...

Great Card - it reminds me of an old british cartoon character called Andy Cap.

Lin
X

Erin... said...

Super cute!!! What a fun image! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week:)