Sunday, May 10, 2009

Green and Blue and Thinking of You



Happy Mother's Day to all the Mum's out there! I hope you had a relaxing day with your children and were pampered and spoilt, because you sure deserve it!
Tonight's card was a real challenge for me - working with the colours blue and green really had me tricked and I re-worked and re-worked this card quite a bit. Finally I had to say enough time spent on this one, get it posted and get on with other Sunday-night things that need to be done.
I am entering this card in the Colour Create "Blue and Green Challenge" and the Magnolia Down Under "Thinking of You Challenge". The card is actually for one of the cleaners at my school who has had a tumour removed and is currently undergoing chemotherapy. I have been meaning to make her a card for ages and the "Thinking of you Challenge" was perfect as I have been thinking of her a lot since she has been sick.
Well I am off to get ready for another week...laminating, planning, and a bit of tidying (after I have succesfully made a huge mess with the creation of this card!) all before a hopefully earlier night than usual!
Alicia xx

23 comments:

Kellie said...

Gorgeous card, I seen it in my following section and didn't realise it was for MDUC till I started reading it, lol. It's gorgeous and I'm sure the worker will really appreciate it. Thanks for playing along with us again at Magnolia Down Under Challenge.
Kelx

brenda said...

Vert sweet card, great shading effect looks like it's jumping out at you.

Brenda x

Just Tracys Crafts said...

Beautiful card, it is gorgeous,
Tracyx

Cheryl said...

Absolutely gorgeous Alicia!!! I love the LO and the shape you have Tilda and the flower on is fantastic!
xx

pf said...

Alicia,
This is such a cute card! Well done!
Paula

Dawn said...

Awww this is so cute - love the Tilda image!

Juliet said...

A lovely card Alicia - love the soft colours and I really like the shape of the matted layers!
Thank you for joining us at Colour Create.
Juliet xx

Cathy said...

Pretty card Alicia. I love the frame and the soft colours
Cathy xx

Michele Roos said...

Fabulous card. Love the image and the colours you've used. Hugs Michele x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Fab card Alicia. I think the shape of your matting is wonderful. Beautifully coloured image and the flower is fantastic. Thanks for joining the Colour Create Challenge.
Sharon xx

Lynda said...

Conveys the sentiment beautifully Alicia. The lady receiving it will know that she is in ur thoughts. Who said blue and green shd never been seen!!

Tara said...

Lovely card Alicia and for a very special reason too!
Thanks so much for joining in with this week's CC challenge! xx

LINDA said...

This is just Beautiful.. Love it..
Hugs, Linda

Trudi Harrison said...

Oh I love this Tilda and your card is just gorgeous!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

This is just gorgeous thanks for playing.
Kristy

Deborah said...

Super lovely. I love your little Tilda. :)

Heather said...

Gorgeous card Alicia, I love your layout (especially the matt)and choice of gentle blues and greens - perfect for the special reason you made it for.
Thanks for playing along at CC>
hugs Heather xx

Powerful Search Engine said...

Gorgeous card, hugs Pascale

Victoria said...

Beautiful card and so detailed too. I'm sure it will be well received.

victoria
x

Amanda said...

Hi Alicia,
What a very thoughtful idea, I'm sure it will be well received as it is a lovely card.
Amanda

Vikki said...

what a sweet card and a thoughtful idea.
lovely
V :)

Debbie Pamment said...

Love the Tilda you've used!! Great layout too. Thanx for playing along MDUC.
xXx

CathyC said...

great card!
this is another image on my wish list!