Saturday, August 22, 2009

Delicious Diva Challenge


Phew! What a busy week I have had this week. Tuseday night I did some tutoring and didn't get home until seven pm. Wednesday I went to my Naturopath and didn't get home to eight pm. Thursday night seemed to just disappear and last night I went out for dinner to the Sheraton Seafood Buffet as I've had this oyster craving all week that just wouldn't go away! Already it is Saturday morning and I have wanted to post this card all week!

The Second Delicious Diva Challenge is live and this time it is a colour challenge. The challenges will alternate between a sketch challenge and a colour challenge. I think thats great variety and also predictable - so you know whats coming next.

When I saw the colours for this card I panicked a little. I don't think I have ever used these four colours on a card before and I had no idea where to begin. But then I found my Magnolia background stamp and a cute Penny Black stamp and the card began to take shape. In fact I ended up having so much fun making this card. I really enjoyed the challenge.
Why don't you pop on over to the Delicious Diva Challenge your self and join in. I will come and visit you and leave a comment. I can't wait to see the goreous cards everybody makes for this colour challenge. If you have any questions on the materials I used please let me know and I will be happy to answer.

4 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Ahh, another sweet hedgie, I just love Penny Black hegies. Pretty color combination, you did just fine :) I don't know why you panicked, it wasn't too far from the last sunny cards you have posted. Have a wonderfull weekend..hugs..

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous,such beautiful images and colours and what a fbulous take on the sketch!!!
xx

Amanda said...

This is such a cute card Alicia, I love how the hedgehog overlooks the main image, beautiful.
Love Amanda

Victoria said...

very pretty, great layout and love your faux stitching.

Hope this week is less hectic for you

Victoria
x