Sunday, August 16, 2009

Tuesday Morning Sketches


I have been working on this simple card for a few days for the Tuesday Morning Sketches challenge. It is for my cousin Matt who is having a birthday on Monday. He is in his early twenties and he loves surfing, spear-fishing and everything to do with the ocean. I used Scuba-Josh from Digi-stamp boutique and a shell stamp from SU. I really wanted to find a fish stamp instead of the shells, but I don't have one and couldn't really find a suitable digi-stamp. Something else to add to my wish list. I covered the wetsuit and flippers in crystal effects so it looks and feels wet and shiny. I kept the card simple - no bows or flowers - to make it more masculine.
It is a glorious day here on the Gold Coast and although I would love to stay inside and stamp all day it just wouldn't do the day justice! We are going in to Main Beach to get some fish for tea tonight and will check out the beach on the way. I will hopefully stamp some more tonight because I have lots of ideas floating around in my head at the moment and many challenges I would love to have a go at.
I hope your Sunday is sunny and fun! Thanks for visiting.

3 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Your card is fun and colorful. I like the crytsal effects on his wetsuit. Matt will surely love this creation for his special day. Enjoy the day, hugs...

Cheryl said...

WOW,this is just FABULOUS!!! Love your colour combo and fantastic images....great take on the sketch!!
xx

Victoria said...

fab card Alicia.
I want to live by the sea! I hope the weather stayed good for you and then plenty of stamping time afterwards

Victoria
x