Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Penny Black Saturday Challenge -Stitching


After all those boring male cards I felt I needed to make something pretty! Michelle, my teaching partner has asked me to make two wedding cards for weddings she is going to later in the year. (Can you tell she is a super-organised person?) I find wedding cards pretty tricky - probably because I have no wedding stamps. Something I need to add to the wish list. I didn't know if she wanted traditional, cute or modern wedding cards so I thought I would make three and she can choose from that. I am going to a wedding in Novemeber so I can have the one left over. This is the first one I have done and I thought I would enter it in the Penny Black Challenge - stitching. This is the first time I have entered a Penny Black Challenge even though I LOVE Penny Black stamps and use them all the time on my cards. The window is actually pop dotted and has a 3-D effect in real life. I struggled to photograph it. I put the Penny Black stamp underneath. The two mice are kissing and there is love hearts floating up above them, but you have to really peer in the window to see the hearts. I used Kindy Glitz on the window and also on the SU stamp at the bottom of the card, but you can't really tell in the photo.
Post a Comment