Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Penny Black Saturday Challenge -Stitching


After all those boring male cards I felt I needed to make something pretty! Michelle, my teaching partner has asked me to make two wedding cards for weddings she is going to later in the year. (Can you tell she is a super-organised person?) I find wedding cards pretty tricky - probably because I have no wedding stamps. Something I need to add to the wish list. I didn't know if she wanted traditional, cute or modern wedding cards so I thought I would make three and she can choose from that. I am going to a wedding in Novemeber so I can have the one left over. This is the first one I have done and I thought I would enter it in the Penny Black Challenge - stitching. This is the first time I have entered a Penny Black Challenge even though I LOVE Penny Black stamps and use them all the time on my cards. The window is actually pop dotted and has a 3-D effect in real life. I struggled to photograph it. I put the Penny Black stamp underneath. The two mice are kissing and there is love hearts floating up above them, but you have to really peer in the window to see the hearts. I used Kindy Glitz on the window and also on the SU stamp at the bottom of the card, but you can't really tell in the photo.

7 comments:

Beccy said...

The three dimension shows up fine - they are lovely stamps. A great place to find some wedding images is at the Cute Daisy May blog - Linnie has some lovely wedding images (Brides and bridesmaids etc on digi downloads) They are so easy to use and really cheap.
Hugs Beccy x

Carol Dee said...

Adorable! Can't wait to see the others you made. hugs..

Cheryl said...

This is so sweet Alicia,love the shades of pink and all that sparkle.......and the cute little mice!!! Love it!! You asked about the fairy image I used on a card,they are Digi images and this is the link for them http://www.charmedcardsandcrafts.co.uk/acatalog/Digital_Downloads.html I hope this helps.
xx

tracie said...

Hi Alicia and welcome to PBSC... oh wow love your fabulous card hun and this image is just perfect for a wedding card, love the little window.. stunning !!
Thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC
hugs
Tracie :)x

LINDA said...

This is just adorable.. Love it..
Hugs, Linda

Kath Stewart said...

hi alicia...welcome to PBSC...so glad you decided to join in the fun and with such a stunning card...love the image and your fabulous window effect....great stitching too...we hope to see you often and thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC.....hugs kath xxxxx

Pauline C said...

Hi Alicia - welcome to the PBSC and glad you found us! This is a really gorgeous and pretty card so it's exciting you've joined in , and hope you will join in the PBSC often :-) It's always good to discover another PB addict !!
hugs
Pauline x