Thursday, April 15, 2010

A cute little sheep card...

Its always exciting when you come across a new challenge blog...and yesterday I came across There's Magic in the Air. What is a little different about this challenge is that they give you a free image to have a play with and enter in the challenge. How cool is that! The image for this challenge is a cute little birthday sheep. You also have to use the colours green, blue and white. I had a lovely time making this card...I originally wanted it to be for my Uncle, but I think it has turned out too feminine...never mind, will just have to make another one!

I used my Cuttlebug to make the green bumpy background, some green tartan ribbon, and some cute little brithday balloons and a present to decorate. Colours are bashful Blue and Gable Green. I am also entering this card in the Creative Card Crew Challenge - Birthday Cards and Totally Gorgeous - texture.

I am loving being on holidays and blogging every day...I really dont want to go back to work next week...I would like to stay home every day forever. After my contract ends at the end of Term 2 I think I will just do a bit of casual teaching here and there. 11 weeks to go and counting!

If you have arrived at my blog through a direct link to this post feel free to scroll up and see my birthday candy on offer. It is my birthday today and I am lucky enough to be going to Mum's for lunch and then out for dinner tonight. I hope you have a super day today!

Thanks for visiting,

17 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Hi Alicia! Happy Birthday!! hope you have a great lunch with Mum! So glad you have been able to join in with us this week on TMITA/PCC.... it would have been sad to miss this beautiful card. Good luck with the challenge and hope you can play along next week too! Sue x

Kerrie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ... HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY! ..... Glad you found TMITA, they have great challenges, and the girls are wonderful, Sue who is on the design team, is an Aussie!.... she's my buddie, we used to work together... but now she stays home, and gets to play more than me... luck thing!

Beccy said...

hi Alicia Happy Birthday - Love the card that image is real cute really like your bumpy paper effect.

Beccy x

The Other Patti Sue said...

Happy Birthday! Your card is just precious! Love all the texture! Thanks so much for playing along with us at TMITA/PCC!

craftymum said...

A really cute card. Thanks for joining us at TG
LOve sarah XXX

Carol Dee said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY :) This is so cute. Love the lamb with the balloons and the scalloped oval makes a great cloud.

Nilla said...

What a sweet card and Happy Birthday! Glad you found us! Thanks for playing with us at TMITA/PCC this week! Hugs Nilla

Jessie said...

Happy birthday! What a fun card you have created, love it :)

Theresa's Studio said...

Hapy Birthday! Cute card...they have some great challenges om TMITA.

Debs said...

cute card.. Thanks for playing along at TG this week…Debs

Nina said...

Happy Birthday Alicia! So glad you found us and not only that you found us, but that you are also participating!! Your card is so sweet and lovely, love the extra balloons you added, so cute! Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week over at TMITA/PCC! Hope to see you next week!
Nina
TMITA Blog
(free digital images)
Paper Cupcakes-Stamps

Kat said...

What a lovely card. Really cute. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Cheryl said...

Absolutely adorable,your colours,embossing and embellies are beautiful.......such a sweet card!!! I hope you had a wonderful birthday and got spoilt!!
xx

Paula said...

Happy Birthday Alicia. This card is so stinkin' cute. That lamb is adorable, and such cute balloons.
Paula***

Kim Mc said...

Hau'oli la hanau (Happy Birthday), Alicia! And what a fabulous creation for a FABULOUS day!So glad you found us this week at TMITA/PCC and I hope you can make it back next week too!

Aloha, Kim
TMITA/PCC Design Team member
Check out the free weekly digi!

craftieodmae said...

Fantastic card! Thanks for joining us at TMITA/PCC this week and good luck! Hugs, Olga

Victoria said...

another super card for our challenge over at Creative Card Crew. Loving all the texture on this one and that's cute image - even cuter as it's free!

hugs
Victoria
x