Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Renae's Birthday Card


It is my brother's girlfriend - Renae's birthday today. I have made her a card combining the sketch from Magnolia-licious Highlites and the challenge at Magnolia Stamp Lovers and Paper Sundaes is Make a Scene. I found the making a scene part pretty challenging as I hadn't tried this before. I used a Maggie with cherries sitting on a CC Designs fence with a Magnolia background. It took me a few practices to get it right. I would also like to enter the challenge over at Creative Card Crew - Happy Birthday seeing this is a birthday card.


The card stock is SU Real Red and Old Olive. The DPs are SU as is the ribbon and sentiment. Flowers are Prima (I just love these flowers and will have to but more of them asap). I coloured using ink pads, aqua painter, stampin write markers and pencil...a bit of a mixed effort for this card. I added some Kindy-Glitz to the flowers.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.

15 comments:

Kerrie said...

Alicia, so much detail, just amazing, love it...

Cindy said...

For someone who hasn't made a scene before, this is really good. Love the flowers and the coloring. Please stop by the MSL challenge often. Cindy2

Christine said...

Wow, this is fantastic! That fence looks like it belongs there!

You should enter this into the Make A Scene challenge at Paper Sundaes for their current challenge and a bonus entry into the hAnglar stAnglar draw!

Vivi Casale said...

what a cute card!! love the paper matching with her dress!! you did a great job on the challenge!
Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Stamp Lovers!

ps.: I have a blog candy, stop by to check it out (http://handmadebyvivi.blogspot.com)

xxx
Vivi

Loz said...

HAPPY BITHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you have a great day today! Love the cherry paper on this one! Gorgeous xx

Unknown said...

Great job! Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Stamp Lovers. Hugs, Stephanie

Alica said...

Great scene! Love how you combined the images and the fresh spring colors!

Thanks for playing with Paper Sundaes!

JayLynn said...

Beautiful card! Great job on the Paper Sundaes challenge!!

Carol Dee said...

She is so sweet, swinging her feet! I love the cherry printy dress with the cherry print DP!

HappyCrafter said...

Beautiful card, what a pretty scene you created. Glad you joined us with this weeks Paper Sundae challenge.

anaRy said...

Okay I want those tights for myself! Lovely work!
Thanks for sharing with us at Magnolia Stamp Lovers Challenge!
XO
anaRy

Victoria said...

gorgeous card Alicia, love all the colours you've managed to combine - something I'm rubbish at lol! More than three and I'm lost!

Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Card Crew
Hugs
Victoria
x

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

what an adorable little scene. you did a great job. thanks for playing along with us at magnolia stamp lovers.

Suzanne J Dean said...

Super cute and a great scene & use of the sketch! Thanks for joining in with us at the Magnolia-licious Highlites blog cuz you WON!! You won a free stamp of your choice from Diana at Magnolia-licious--you can email her directly with your choice at ladydian@shaw.ca . Thanks!

hugz,
Suzanne

Peggie said...

Super cute card. Love the scene and the cherries.