Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Magnolia "Thinking of you" Card

 Good evening blogging buddies...I have a sweet little Magnolia card to share with you tonight.
This card is for my Auntie...she has had a huge month, her birthday (which I missed), her Mum and her sister passing away and now a new Grandchild that arrived last week.  So she has had a turbulent time and has been in my thoughts lately.  
I thought a nice card would be well-received.

I followed another one of Hanna's sketches.  They really are to die for! Lots of layering and detail.  I have really enjoyed using her designs.  I used some yummy Magnolia DPs that Kellie kindly sent me from Tickled Pink Stamps.  (I also bought my stamp, doily and charm from her store as well).  I teamed the DPs with some silver paper, some mauve (kind of furry) paper and mounted it all on Bashful Blue card.  I added some silver ribbon and a blue crystal stem as well. I certainly used lots of embellishments on this card and so I think it would qualify for the Pimp your Card Challenge at Sweet Stampin Challenge Blog.

 The little blue roses I bought from Wild Orchid Crafts and I nestled some of them into flowers cut on my Martha Stewart punch. Because of these flowers I would like to enter this card in the Magnolia Down Under Challenge - Flowers and the Sir Stampalot Challenge - Punch It! (Sorry I cut them off a bit in the photo - you have to look at the first photo to get a good view of the punched flowers.)

I used Versamark ink and Silver embossing powder for the sentiment in the middle of the doily and this enables me to enter the Quixotic Challenge - Emboss it!  Because of the metallic touches, the silver paper, the charm, the silver embossing, the metal stem and the silver ribbon I would also like to enter the Metal madness Challenge at Magical Crafts Fortnightly Challenges




Over at By The Cute and Girly their challenge is "something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.."  On my card my something old is my silver ribbon, my something new is this gorgeous Tilda stamp.  She is new to my collection...and I just love her!  My something borrowed is the silver paper and purple paper which I have collected from my sister and a friend and the something blue is the DP and the card.

Well I think that is about all the challenges I can handle tonight.  I thoroughly enjoyed making this card and hope that my Auntie likes it too.

Today I did a Casual day on a 5/6 class and tomorrow I am back to my 3/4 class for the rest of the week.  Reports are due in next week so I am busy working on them at the moment...I will be definately celebrating when they are over!!!

I hope your week is going well.  Thanks for popping over to my blog today.


25 comments:

chris said...

Hi Alicia
another stunner love all the different things going on its perfect.
hugs chris xx

Cheryl said...

Just beautiful and so soft and pretty!!! Really loving all the layers and that fab stitching!! I am sure your Aunty will love it!!
xx

Carol Dee said...

I like Hanna's sketchs too. Very detailed. More work than I usually do! (you know) The card you made you Aunt is lovely. I am sure it will lift her spirts. Hugs...

Dazie said...

Oh my this is absolutley stunning! I love every single detail and the sentiment is so sweet!

Thanks you for joining us over at magical crafts this fortnight!
Dazie
x

Ayelet {Jenny} said...

Hi Alicia,
The card is just beautiful! Love all layring and the soft colours, the stiching adds so much! Thanks for joining us over at BTC& and Good Luck! x

Hanna said...

Hello Alicia! Thank you so much for your amazing interpretation of my sketch and for your sweet comments at my blog!
Your card is out of this world fantastic! Love your style, the colours you've used, all those fantastic details and your lovely design.
Everything is perfect. You are really talented!

I'll put your beautiful card together with a link to your awesome blog in my sidebar in a few minutes!

Have a nice week!
Sending you lots of hugs,
Hanna

Juls said...

wow this is amazing!!! Love the soft colours all the gorgeous layers and the stitching detail!!! Fab creation! Hugs Juls

Lora said...

This is beautiful! I love the image and all the deatil you have added is just fab!
Thanks for joining us this month at BTC&G.
Lora x

Faye said...

Alicia, your cars are always just wonderful and this is absolutely no exception. Thanks for playing with us at Sweet Stampin again. x

jackiescrafts said...

Wow what a gorgeous card, I love the Tilda image and all the embellishments you have added
Thanks for joining in at Magical Crafts this time

Jackie x

Tracy said...

Lots of pretties to look at here, Fab Entry, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Kellie said...

WOOOOOW I am just sitting here blown away and looking at all the amazing detail! WOW, it looks absolutely stunning, your aunty will LOVE it! I think I might have to check out these sketchers, laying is out of my comfort, love a challenge!
Hugs Kel x

pinky said...

This is so gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot and BTC&G this month.
Pinky

Unknown said...

AWWW WOW your card is simply beautiful!! I love the soft colours and the little roses go with so well!! Thanks so much for joining in this week at MDUC, hope to see you next week too
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW Alicia - this is stunningly beautiful! LOVE the sketch you've used - thanx for the link - I LOVE sketches!!!
Thanx for joining us at MDUC
xXx

Sally H said...

Fabulous punching! Thanks for joining us at Sir stampalot and good luck!

brenda said...

Hi Alicia

How very pretty, love the soft blues and all the elements of interest.

Thanks for joining us at Stampalot Challenge and By the Cute and Girly this month and good luck.

B x

Carol Ann said...

Beautiful card lots of interest gorgeous pale colours and the flowers are very pretty. Thanks for playing along at Magical Crafts.
Carol Ann xx

Leigh said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Alicia. I love all the elements you've used to bring it all together.

Loz said...

(gasp!) This is stunning, love all the layers. The sentiment is perfect for your Aunty, I'm sure she'll realy appreciate it.
Good luck with the reports. ♥

Francesca said...

What a wonderful card , I love the colours.
Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck!.

Hugs
Francesca

Amanda said...

Wow this is a gorgeous card. The sketch is wonderful with so many layers. The stitching is fabulous.
Amanda

mckinkle said...

Oh WOW Alicia what a beautiful card.

I always think that its the cards that arrive when you least expect them that mean the most! Im sure your Auntie will love to receive this!

Keryn x

Debs said...

WOW...such a beautiful card ..thanks for sharing it with us at BTC&G...Debs x

maxine said...

This is a stunning card