Sunday, June 13, 2010

Shabby Chic Thank You Card

Life has been a bit hectic recently and I havent found myself blogging or card-making. I have a set of cards on my desk that are half-made and have been that way for the last three days. Tonight I plan to spend some time blogging, cathcing up on all the creations I have missed commenting on recently and of course, making some cards!

Life sometimes throws up a few diversions and gets in the way of crafting, doesn't it!

This set of cards I made because my sister wants me to make her a pack of Thank you cards. I thought I would do six and make several packs with an assortment of different thank you cards. So this is the first design. I am into making bulk cards at them moment...I want to get a stock of them, for me to use and also to sell down the track.

I went for a Shabby Chic look for this card because of the DP I used "{note} worthy" by Making Memories. It just called out to be distressed. The base card is Rose Red and the image and sentiment is on Very Vanilla card stock. The digi-image is called "Softly Afloat" by Paper Cupcakes and coloured with Copics. I love the antique - looking lace across the bottom of the card. I added a ribbon to the top of the lace from my stash.
I would like to play along with the following challenges:

Creative Card Crew - Thank you
The Play Date Cafe - Colour Theme
(My colours arent exactly the same as I dont have any of the new SU colours yet.)
Allsorts Challenge Blog - Buttons and/or Lace

I hope to get around and visit and comment tonight...I hope you are having a great June Long-Weekend. Thanks for looking.

Post a Comment