Thursday, June 24, 2010

A sweet little card for a sweet little girl...

I have a card to share tonight that I made for one of my ex-students.  She rang me recently to say she made her First Holy Communion and Confirmation.  I thought it would be nice to send her a little card and she is such an angel, so I thought this image would be appropriate.

I went for the colours Lilac and Lemon for a challenge that is well and truely passed now.  And it was a challenge for me...I dont often use these colours together.  I coloured my paper flowers with Copic markers to make them match in.  I added a lace doily, some real lace, ribbon and a floral spray of little white flowers and pearls.  I drew on some faux stitching...sounds bad, but my sewing machine is in another room and it is too cold to go up there at the moment, so I am lazily using faux stitches instead.  Much quicker as well...and I don't have to think about what coloured thread to use : )

I would like to play along with:

Crazy 4 Challenges - Paper Flowers
Totally Gorjuss - Sugar and Spice

I am excited to announce I will be working as Design Team member for Paper Play Challenges.  It will be great to be part of a Design Team again and challenge myself to make some cute cards and visit and comment on people's blogs.  I will post my first card soon and hope you will all join in!

I am sick with a cold and so am having tomorrow off work, then it will be Friday and then the weekend again! Then only one more week of school before holidays!!!  Can you tell I can't wait?  I am excited because I have booked a week at the Gold Coast and plan to catch up with all my friends who I  miss so much.  I should post a pic of where we will stay.  Not far from where we used to live in these new apartments. 

Hope you are having a great week.
Thanks for visiting,



Post a Comment