Saturday, May 15, 2010

Final Mother's Day Card

Good morning fellow blogging buddies,
This morning I have my last Mother's Day card to share with you. This is for my Mother-in-law and her favourite colour is purple so I made sure I used lots of purple on this card!

I followed the sketch from 2 Sketches 4 You. I am always intrigued by their sketches, they just look a little different to all the other sketches out there on blog land and I have been trying to play along recently. The DT cards are also always amazing and unique.

I waould also like to enter the Buttons, Bows and Butterflies challenge at Inspiring Inky Challenges. You have to include two of three of the mentioned objects. I have the bow and butterflies, but no buttons sadly.

I used SU Old Olive and Very Vanilla card stock with the gorgeous designer paper from Kimberley Poloson - Nature's Flora. I really didn't want to cover up the paper as I just love it too much so I cut out some butterflies and added them on.

I added some ribbon, flowers, pearls and hat pins to pretty it up a little. I used a SU punch to create the layers at the base of the card. It is a fairly simple card, but I hope my Mother-in-law really likes it. I will see her today at my nephew's b'day party and so will finally be able to give it to her.
I have to quickly make my nephew's card now before the party...

Have a great Saturday!

Post a Comment