Monday, May 10, 2010

Over-the-top Mother's Day Card

 My second Mother's Day card...only two to go after this one.  I am very belated due to our week in Japan...but it is okay because I will see our Nans and Mother-in-law this week to give them their gift and card.  I got them all Japanese fans as a present.

This one is definately over-the-top with all the flowers I have used!  But it is for Ben's Nan and she really likes flowers so I think she will like it.  I purchased these flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts.  They have many beautiful flowers to choose from.  The colours I have used are pinks and greens to enter the Totally Gorjuss Pink and Green Challenge.  I followed the sketch from the Allsorts Challenge Blog.  I tried to make a Shabby Chic look to enter the Die Cut Dreams Challenge.  I stamped some swirls onto the pink DP, distressed, inked and glittered the edges and added some lace with ribbon.

After I had finished making the card I went to the kitchen to make myself a hot chocolate.  When I came back I realised that the card went perfectly with my mug! So I had to take a photo of them together lol!

I will be interested to hear what you think of this card...I dont imagine it will be to everyone's tastes, but I think Ben's Nan will like it.  Thanks for visiting : )


Post a Comment